11 Tips On How To Make Valentine’s Day Green And With Love
The celebration of Valentine’s Day is centuries old and symbolist to expressing our love to that special someone in your life, but shouldn’t expressing our love be part of our daily routine? We should love our planet and environment, our family’s, and all mankind. Love is a many splendid thing and we should show it in every action we take and every word we speak. We need each other and all living things and live a healthy, organic, and green lifestyle. Now I realize that is not such an easy task with all the problems that we face in our society and world today including all the personal problems each and every one of us has. After saying all that I would like to talk about going green not red this Valentines Day.
Some Tips For A Green Valentine Day:
1. Send an eco friendly card:
- Send an e-card through American Greetings.com or Blue Mountain
- Buy a recycled paper card or a tree free card that will be included on the back of the card
2. Show your love with a beautiful bouquet of organic flowers.
- That are grown without pesticides and chemicals.
- Organic flowers help support local organic farming that many times denote to charitable organizations.
- It is a responsible approach towards preserving the environment for the future generations.
- Organic flowers will last longer and preserves the natural beauty of nature more than non-organic ones.
3. Show your love with san organic or local grown items in a basket for that special someone filled with their favorite healthy fruits and/or treats.
- It’s healthy — preservative free, additive free, pesticide free
- It’s good for the local economy and for the environment
4. If jewelry is something that your special Valentine likes try eco-friendly recycled jewelry and/or wood jewelry.
5. Bubble Bath: Say ‘I Love You’ in the most fragrant way and pamper someone special by treating him or her to a luxurious bath filled to the brim with bubbles with aromatherapy Bubble Bath that is:
- Specially blended to encourage relaxation and ease tension.
- Safe non toxic made with mild vegetable-derived bubbling agents
- Biodegradable bubble bath strictly avoids the use of synthetic fragrances and harsh bubbling agents. No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or DEA.
- Contains ingredients that are grown organic and sustainable
6. Is it a wonderful fragrance that appeals to your Valentine then try:
- Organic Essential Oils instead of a toxic perfume – try lavender, rose, peppermint or whatever appeals to your soul mate or special someone.
7. A bottle of relaxing and delicious Organic wine:
- Make it 100% Organic that is certified with USDA seal
- A wine can contains only naturally occurring sulfites
8. Be green with natural soy or beeswax candles:
- Aromatherapy that will relax and calm you and that special someone for romantic evening together with the flickering candlelight — add a glass of that organic wine and Enjoy!
- No toxic indoor air pollutants or heavy metals that can harm your health
9. A gift certificate for a relaxing massage or spa treatment:
- Massage is great for you health – detoxify, reduces stress, increases circulation just to name of few of the health benefits.
10. If Chocolate is your Passion:
- Make sure it is organic and fair trade — which means that the cacao beans were purchased directly from a co-op growers or the growers at a price higher than the commodity market rate.
- Make sure it is certificated so that environmental-protection standards regulations are followed from the growers.
- They are pesticide free and that are sustainable growing practices are followed such as — Child slavery!
11. Make your gift simple but heartfelt:
- A big hug and kiss — Just make sure that no one is wearing any toxic lipstick!!
- A giant hug and kiss for your soul mate can connect you spirituality and physically. Hugs are contagious and spread positive energy to a world that desperately needs love, compassionate, and good health.
- Take a walk in the park holding hands, enjoy nature at its best, let yourself relax and enjoy the fresh air. Taking a relaxing walk can put you and that special someone in a romantic mood.
- Make a healthy, romantic dinner and set in front of the fireplace and talk about the special moments that you have shared. Watch a funny romantic movies together. Let your self laugh and enjoy the peaceful feeling.
Take the time to enjoy your Valentine Day. Most of all remember to love not only your soul mate but everyone and all living things. Take a moment to smell a flower, to count your blessings, and remember that this earth is a gift that we need to nurture and cherish as we need to nurture and cherish each other. I will close, to ask only that you promise to smile or hug at least one person. This one small act of kindness can help send the message of love throughout our planet and all living things can benefit from you taking the first step. Have a Happy, Healthy, Green, Organic, Valentines Day!