Are You Making the Healthiest Choices for Your Family?
Living healthy and green should be something we do everyday in all aspects of our lives. Do you want your kids to be proud of what you taught them or do you want them to question whether you did your best or cared? The truth is what we choose and teach them is probably what they will teach their children and follow in their lives. So I ask you — Are you sure you are making the healthiest and best choices for your family?
What healthy or unhealthy choices are you making for your family’s health, diet, and their environment?
Some Unhealthy Choices:
- Processed foods such as white flour
- Processed sugars
- HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)
- Seed and processed soy products
- Chemical additives that include preservatives, synthetic artificial dyes, and genetically modified foods are toxic and destroying our health. Check out 65 Health Risks of GMO.
What about the cleaning products you use?
Do your realize the multitude of health problems that are attributed to many common commercial cleaning supplies that contain harmful ingredients such as — VOC’s that (volatile organic compounds), ammonia, bleach, and fragrance — (a stinky business that could be making you sick) ?
Some of the Health Risks from these chemicals:
- Can irritate the eyes or the throat.
- Chronic respiratory problems, allergic reactions and headaches
- Asthma and allergies.
- Cancer and so much more
Check out Organic consumers household cleaners for more information!
But don’t despair – there are solutions to help avoid these chemicals and to help your family live a healthier and greener life. Just read on!
Healthy and Green Living Includes:
- Clean up your cleaners! Making sure your family has clean air to breathe that is not filled with toxic chemicals from commercial air freshener, fumes from cleaning products such oven cleaners, dish-washing liquid, furniture polish, aerosol sprays and others. You can clean your home naturally with 9 Basic Non-toxic natural cleaners that you probably have in your home right now. They are safe, non-toxic and inexpensive.
- Protect Your Body from Chemicals! For our family’s and all mankind we need to try our best to get away from using toxic products on our skin and in our bodies. Make sure we are using safe personal care products – such as hand soap “5 Reasons To Go Green With Your Antibacterial Soap!” — Deodorant and antiperspirants – to learn more check out “5 Reasons You Should NOT Use Deodorant or Antiperspirants!”
- Wash Your Clothes the healthy way! Laundry detergent that is free from toxic chemicals such as LAS, EDTA, Sodium Silicate, Sodium Sulfate, Triethylene Glycol – Learn more at “How Toxic Is Your Laundry Detergent? – Do It The Green Way!”
- Eat real food! Unprocessed, GMO-Free foods that are real foods and are safe, organic and/or local harvest. Make sure your family’s food comes from natural, clean, healthy farms, not from factory farms that are loaded with pesticides, herbicides, and hormones, and other harmful chemicals.
- Organic Gardening for a family project! Try growing your own foods the organic way and let the kids help. Gardening is healthy, healing, brings family’s together and helps every member of the family have a sense of accomplishment. Try giving your child a small project to nurture and grow on their own. You have control – no chemicals, pesticides or GMO’s. Make sure you use natural pest control. Check out DIY Pest Solutions!
The choices we make every day affects our health, our family’s health, and our planet’s, whether it is good or bad. We have the power to control and to make smart choices that can positively impact every thing and everyone around us — from where you live, to what you products you buy, the food we eat, what we in put in and on our bodies. If you and your family live in New York or New Jersey area, you can check out this NY based health insurance company I was just introduced to called Oscar. They have a customer service line with nurses and health professionals on call for any health questions you may have, whether it be nutrition or certain health risks, without having to make an appointment or seek out another professional for an extra cost! Each choice we make impacts our lives in many ways and will ultimately decide what kind of future we give to our children. So make sure you are making the healthiest choices possible. Our lives and our children’s lives depend on it!