Organic Peach Ice-Cream Recipe: Healthy and Homemade
Organic peach ice-cream! Does that make your mouth water? I love ice-cream and peach is one of my favorite, but I don’t eat any ice-cream – it has to be healthy, free of preservatives, processed sugars, and additives. I also need it to be egg-free and gluten-free. I am going to share with you what I consider the perfect recipe for ice-cream that is healthy, delicious, and so simple to make. Previously I had posted the health benefits of peaches and a peach crsip recipe. This peach ice-cream goes perfect with the peach crisp and is so refreshing!
Organic Peach Ice-Cream
- 2-3 organic local peaches (you can also use frozen peaches)
- 1 can of unsweetened pure coconut milk (I use Thai)
- 1/2 cup organic Maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons Raw Organic Coconut Nectar
- About 1 cup of my own Homemade Raw Yogurt or Organic Greek Organic (if you are vegan you can eliminate the yogurt)
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender. Taste for sweetness (you can add more maple or coconut nectar as to your liking) Chill mixture especially if you are using fresh fruit for a few hours.
- Put in ice-cream freezer. I use a Cuisinart 2 qt Frozen Yogurt-Sobert & Ice-Cream Maker. It only takes about 15-20 minutes or until desired consistently. ENJOY!
I added a few of my own organically grown peppermint leaves for a splash of mint flavor. You can eat it alone, with peach crisp, add peaches to the top or any other of your favorite toppings.
This recipe is also great made with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, pumpkin puree, banana, pineapple or any other fruit. Just add the fruit of your choice and adjust the sweetness to your taste or add some spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg for extra flavor. Just keep it healthy and organic!