Living a healthy and green lifestyle includes eating properly, balancing your diet to make sure you get the best nutritional value for optimal health. It is important that we try to eat healthy and as many organically grown and local harvest foods as possible. Throw out the toxic processed foods that will contaminant our bodies with chemicals and artificial ingredients, only to open a door to disease and illness. Today I would like to focus on healthy raw foods and the many health benefits they can provide for you and your family.
It is believed that the most potent form of nutrition is found in raw foods. Raw foods contain the highest levels of key nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, as well as probiotics an enzymes that are many times destroyed by the process of cooking, treating, and adulterating. Cooking causes levels of fragile vitamins such as vitamin C to decrease dramatically, and while minerals are generally not destroyed by heat, the enzymes necessary for their utilization often are.
12 Exceptional Healthy Raw Foods loaded with Vitamin and Minerals:
1. Leafy greens — Loaded with minerals including potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron as well as dozens of trace elements that are a robust source of living nutrients. Green foods are so important because they have phenomenal source of a diverse collection of nutrients including trace minerals, that we have a hard time receiving in our diets. The roots of the cereal grasses dig into the ground and extract nutrition values from the soil – they draw nutrients from the soil and convert inorganic materials into life-giving organic substances. Grasses and all plants turns green through the power of the sun known as photosynthesis. The power of the sun’s energy is so evident in the life of green plants.
Some vital leafy greenls:
- Wheatgrass juice is loaded with minerals, proteins, antioxidants, enzymes, and chlorophyll.
- Parsley is a great source of chlorophyll and is also a fabulous internal breath mint. Can be eaten or juiced.
- Cilantro is known for its powers to release the body’s burden of toxins. This green wonder is so beneficial in our present time because of the heavy load of environmental toxins and pollutants that our body’s have to deal with in our toxic world such as heavy metals.
- Green Cabbage also has powerful sulfur compounds to support the body in detoxification.
- Broccoli sprouts have cancer fighting phytonutrients that fights disease and increase antioxidant activity. Sprouting increases digestive health.
- Asparagus is wonderful for support of kidney function.
- Kale is rich in many nutrients, including Vitamin C and trace minerals.
- Deep green lettuce is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Spinach has the highest levels of antioxidants of any green veggie.
2. Citrus Fruits — Oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit are a superb source of raw vitamin C and bioflavonoids for a healthy immune system.
3. Seeds — Sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds are tiny nutrient powerhouses that contain B and E vitamins, and key minerals, including phosphorus.
4. Avocados — They are a great source of potassium, vitamin E, fiber, B-vitamins, and folic acid. Among avocados health benefits is that they are rich in monounsaturated fat that is easily burned for energy and increase healthy fat and calorie intake without increasing protein or carbohydrate intake. Avocados are so healthy and are wonderful in a smoothies.
5. Coconut Kefir — This is a delicious and healthy beverage that provides billions of probiotics and beneficial compounds including minerals. It is made from young green (less that 6 months old) coconuts that are harvested utilizing their water which are at the peak of their nutritional life.
6. Carrots — They are a great source of carotenoids, including beta carotene and a great source of calcium.
7. Raw yogurt — Raw yogurt is a milk that has been fermented with culture containing lactic acid-producing bacteria that includes Lactobacillus bulgaricus. These are friendly bacteria that support proper digestion and a healthy gastrointestinal system. Yogurt is also high in calcium and potassium. Raw yogurt need to be obtained from exclusively from grass-fed animals. Commercial yogurt sold at many stores is a totally different animal – with artificial flavors and ingredients plus many of the beneficial probiotics are lost during pasteurization and homogenization.
8. Raw Cheese— Is made from raw milk that has not been heated above body temperature of a cow. It has an abundant of calcium, dietary protein, and B vitamins. Raw milk and dairy products from grass-fed animals cows, goats, and sheep are also an excellent source of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid).
9. Kefir — Is sometimes referred as the “Champagne of Milk.” The difference between yogurt and kefir — is that kefir is drinkable and has healthy yeast as well as healthy bacteria. Kefir contains calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamins A, B2, B12, D, and K. It also is abundant in an essential amino acid “tryptophan” which is well-known for its relaxing effect on the nervous system.
10. Cultured Veggies — They contain vitamin C, probiotics, enzymes and vitamin U, which is a form of sulfur.
11. Celery — Is a great source of electrolytes such as potassium and sodium, which is important for proper cardiovascular function. It is also a great base for fresh green juice.
12. Watermelon and Cantaloupe — They are 2 great fruits that are rich in beta carotene and potassium. Potassium reduces stress Watermelons health benefits includes 25 percent of your RDA of vitamin providing great support for your immune system. It is a great source of lycopene an antioxidant which is helpful in reducing the risk of prostate, breast, and endometrial cancers, as well as lung and colon cancer.
The “greenest” foods are healthy foods that should always include many healthy raw foods, organic foods, local foods, without pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, genetically modified, or processed foods that contain artificial ingredients and toxic chemical additives. Plan your meals with care. Give your children the best foods you can provide so that you and your family can live a long and healthy life!
Live Green, Live Healthy, Live Long!