6 Ways To Enjoy Raw Organic Coconut Butter
Coconut butter, oil, flakes, are all a great delicious superfood when it is raw and organic. Coconut butter is probably the newest kid on the block when it comes to coconut and I have recently discovered the flavorful natural super-food. I can tell you that I am not disappointed with its wonderful taste and many uses. Coconut butter has a creamy dense texture, rich nutty flavor derived from grinding whole coconut flesh and has actual pieces of the coconut meat in it, not just the oil.
Simply put — the difference between coconut butter and coconut oil is simply that coconut oil has been extracted from the coconut meat; coconut butter includes all the coconut meat.
Coconut Butter and oil is high in MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) a class of fats that are easily absorbed by the body that go straight to the liver from the digestive tract. They are used as a quick source of energy or turned into so-called ketone bodies, which can have therapeutic effects on brain disorders like epilepsy and Alzheimer’s. According to Natural News coconut butter and oil has many uses.
Some Important Natural Medicinal and Health Benefits of Coconut Butter:
- Reduce body fat
- Improve insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance
- Helps lower total LDL cholesterol
- Raises HDL (the good cholesterol) levels
- Is rich in lauric acid a compound that has antimicrobial properties that help kill viruses, fungus
- Are great for any one that has problems with yeast overgrowth in digestive tract
6 Ways To Use Coconut Butter:
1. For a great start to your morning – Combine 1/2 cup soften coconut butter with 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 tsp ground cardamom – use instead of butter on toast and waffles.
2. Frosting for Raw Foods – Melt 3/4 organic raw coconut butter and 1/4 cup raw honey; stir in 1/2 cup raw cacao powder and 2 teaspoons vanilla for a creamy topping.
3. For a delicious sorbet — Combine 1 cup organic frozen blueberries with 2 tablespoons raw organic coconut butter and 1 tablespoon organic raw coconut milk; puree in food processor until creamy and smooth. Freeze. Or make a delicious smoothie (check below for recipe)
4. Melt some coconut butter over cooked squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, organic bean pasta and add a little fresh organic basil, celery seed, and black pepper.
5. Coconut butter is a great alternative to nut butter especially if you have allergies or sensitivities to tree nuts.
6. Tasty topping for fruit – Melt some organic raw coconut butter over some fresh organic peaches or other fruit and let you taste buds savor the flavor.
Pina Colada Smoothie:
1/3 cup frozen or fresh organic pineapple
2 ice cubes
1 ripe banana
1 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk (coconut water or a mixture of both works well too)
1 tsp raw coconut butter
Directions: Mix all ingredients in a blender or small food processor until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
The choices of the foods we eat such as raw organic coconut butter is part of living healthy and living green lifestyle. This means you have made a commitment to yourself and a promise to teach our children so that they can follow your legacy of a healthy lifestyle. Eating properly, exercising, living a life that eliminates as many toxins as possible in every way we can and loving and appreciating our planet, God, and taking care of our physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being is all part of it.
Live green, natural, organically, and healthy!
I WAS FEATURED!