7 Top Tips and Remedies to Get Rid of Acne
If you notice acne scars or signs of acne don’t fret! There are many ways in which you can treat and prevent acne scars and acne by using natural methods and living a healthy lifestyle. Using products that are available in health food stores, OTC, online, and utilizing natural methods can treat acne very effectively.
Moderate and severe acne usually requires acne treatment in London recommended by professional dermatologist. For other locations or in the US try find a derm for professional help. Whereas, in cases of certain skin problems such as pimples, whiteheads, mild acne and blackheads, you can easily treat them naturally at home.
Effective natural remedies and tips that will help you to get rid of acne:
1. Water – Drink plenty of filtered water every day as this will help in flushing out toxins and unwanted wastes from your body. Moreover, it will keep your skin stay dehydrated and effectively shed dead skin cells which usually leads to blocked pores that in turn can cause acne.
2. Fresh fruits and vegetables – Increase intake of fresh organic fruits and vegetables in your diet. The easiest way to make sure you are getting plenty of essential fruits and vegetables is to opt for fresh fruit juices, smoothies and salad daily.
3. Superfoods and supplements – Studies have revealed that pumpkin seeds and Brazil nuts are very effective in treating acne because they contain selenium and zinc. Deficiencies in these essential minerals has been linked to acne. It might be possible that you don’t get all minerals, vitamins and essential nutrients from food. Even though you might be eating all nutrient rich foods, you might not be absorbing all the the essential nutrients and vitamins necessary for good health due to other unknown factors such as long term use of antibiotics, environmental toxicity, and stress. If this is the case, taking supplements to keep your body and skin healthy can be extremely beneficial.
4. Natural and organic products – Many conventional skin care products offered in the market today contain chemicals which may worsen your acne-prone skin. Harsh chemicals when used on the skin can strip off your skin’s natural oils. This in turn will make your skin produce more oil, which can lead to blocked pores and acne. Opt to use truly natural or organic skincare products. Please read labels carefully or make your own DIY products. Check out Organic “DIY Facial Toners For Natural Beauty” and “Natural Skincare – Honey-Avocado Masque!”
5. Reduce intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates – Eating refined carbohydrates and sugar leads to rise in insulin levels and also contributes towards the growth in insulin-like growth factor known as IGF-1. It encourages the skin to produce sebum in large amount. This in turn encourages rapid growth of bacteria responsible for formation of acne.
6. Fresh Air and Sunshine – It is very important to get a little fresh air and sunshine daily as it helps in maintaining healthy skin. Fresh air and sunshine play a vital role in reducing stress levels and increases oxygen supply to your skin.
7. Antibiotics and Probiotics – Antibiotics destroy bacteria in your digestive system which can lead to different health issues like poor digestion, poor absorption of essential nutrients, and constipation. This can lead to acne as your body isn’t able to get rid the waste and toxins, it then gets expelled through skin. Eating fermented foods such as raw sauerkraut, raw yogurt, or organic Greek organic, is recommended and/or taking probiotics daily.
Information Provided by: Daniel Clark is a professional dermatologist who effectively treats acne related or other skin related issues. He likes to guide people regarding various ways to get rid of acne problem.
Shared On WILDCRAFTING WEDNESDAYS!