A Healthy Happy Thanksgiving Celebration & Poems To Share!
The first Thanksgiving in 1621 was when the pilgrims celebrated their bountiful harvest, blessings, and they gave thanks to God, but so much as changed in our world from the foods we eat to how we live and how we think. The pilgrims lived a very simple and natural life! Check out the history of Thanksgiving and learn some very interesting information that might surprise you. Although now many American do celebrate with their families and friends with traditional turkey and many other delicious foods many of us forget that it is a day to show appreciation and gratitude for our many blessings.
Thanksgiving should be a day that centers on giving thanks and sharing a healthy meal made with natural foods straight from Mother Nature, not boxed chemically laden processed foods that cause disease and are filled with toxic ingredients. Many of the foods that we eat are harmful to our bodies and minds because they are genetically modified unnatural and factory processed. In so many ways we have become a society that is ungrateful and a generation of entitlement seems to plague our country!
Homeless shelters and food banks provide specials meals for those you are not so fortunate and have fallen on hard times on Thanksgiving day. If you are reading this you probably are fortunate enough not to be in that situation but there are many people and families who are not able to have a bounty of food. We need to remember that our circumstances are very different from many others in our country and the world.
I feel it is our duty to help those who don’t have the resources whether it is food, shelter but also just as important to help educate others on how to live a healthy life. I want to do my part on helping to bring awareness to the many people in our country that might have enough food but are not aware or just not understanding how important it is to know what you are eating and what is in our food. It is just as important to understand why we need to live a natural and healthy lifestyle in every aspect including how we think.
Below I have included the ways we need to change to live green and naturally so that we can have a healthy and happy life.
I have also included some poems about Thanksgiving that I have found very motivating and inspirational!
How can we live healthy, happy and natural life?:
- Living green in every aspect of our life – which to me means – Living in harmony with Nature and doing no harm to our environment and planet – living sustainably! Use truly natural products, make DIY part of our life, recycling and upcycling, not using harmful pesticides, living organically in all aspects of our life, and living the healthiest lifestyle you can.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet filled with organic and/or local harvest foods. Grow your own food and start a garden that includes the whole family which is also a great way to teach your children about how to live healthy and eat healthy. Going to the farmers market or local farmer stand and buying as much food locally as possible. Know what you are eating and do your research!
- Absolutely no processed foods or sugar that are loaded with many chemicals and additives that have proven to be linked to many diseases in our society today – such as diabetes, obesity, cancer and so much more.
- Exercise regularly whether you go to a gym, do other outdoor activities to improve your health, or just start taking a daily brisk walk and it will help you live healthy and longer.
- Learn simple ways to live a happier life! Practice mindfulness. Have gratitude and be thankful, give and share more with other people, do what makes you happy, and find ways to live a less stressful life!
As I close I am including a poem that my husband wrote about Thanksgiving. I hope you share it and enjoy it!
I would like to wish all of my readers and followers a healthy, happy, and blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season. Remember to live green and give to those that need, spend time with your loved ones, take a moment and thank God for your many blessings!