STDs or sexually transmitted diseases are infectious diseases that are spread from one person to another through sexual activity. When it comes to treating these infectious diseases, the first thing that comes into our mind is antibiotics. Not realizing that there are foods that can help you fight against bacteria and viruses that causes STDs.
Here are a couple of foods that are good in fighting against sexually transmitted diseases.
Garlic is known for its antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, which can prove to be really helpful in fightinagainsSTDs.
- Garlic is an excellent dietary treatment for STDs because it contains allicin (a chemical compound which prevents the growth of germs in your body and kills them).
- For best results, you should consider eating a fresh clove of garlic a day as it may help in treating infections and prevent their development.
2. Raw honey
Honey is a popular home remedy for many centuries now thanks to its medicinal properties, and it’s also good for fighting against STDs.
- Raw honey is known for its complex antibacterial properties which are really good against STDs.
- Be sure to add raw honey to your daily diet especially if you have an STD.
Cabbage is known for its ability to combat bacteria making it ideal for fighting against STDs.
- Cabbage juice, for instance, has been used traditionally to prevent cancer. The cabbage is also good against radiation exposure thanks to its antibacterial qualities.
- You can also use cabbage to detoxify your bladder, colon, and liver.
4. Cranberry juice
Most cases of STDs often affect the bladder and urinary tract. This is where cranberry juice can be really helpful.
- Cranberry juice is extremely useful in killing bacteria and in relieving the pain in your bladder and urinary tract.
- Cranberry is also available in supplements and is effective in preventing urinary tract infections.
5. Neem tree fruit
Neem tree fruit is known for its effectiveness against STDs thanks to its medicinal properties.
- Consuming a small amount of neem bark powder, neem leaf, or neem tea every other day can help improve your body’s ability to produce more antibodies.
- It also helps improve the cell’s abilities to fight infections.
There are still a lot of foods that are effective against STDs. You should load up your diet with foods rich in vitamin C to improve your body’s immune system and vitamin E to give your body more antioxidants that will help fight off infections. Be sure to get an STD test first though and talk to your doctor as well for the best outcome for your situation.
Angie is a health enthusiast who specialises in spreading STD education across the country and shares them to peers and readers that might be interested. She enjoys what she does and loves to travel to different areas. She loves to write for