7 Powerful Herbal Remedies To Boost The Immune System
Winter is the most common time to catch a cold or flu. Our Immune system is on overdrive trying to fight off all the germs and viruses that we are exposed to daily. But there are so many ways that we can naturally build a strong immune system with great self-defense herbal methods. Nature has provided us with many remedies if we just unleash their power. When we have a strong immune system you will not only reap the benefits of enjoying a healthier life, but you will be less likely to be susceptible to infection and possible death from bacterial and/or viral invasions.
Western medicine answer to the flu is a toxic vaccine which contain dead or weakened bacteria, viruses or other materials such as inactive toxins, that can have dangerous side effects. The flu shots stimulate the production of antibodies against a specific pathogen. These vaccines contain ingredients that are harmful toxins such as Thimerosal – a neurotoxic mercury, Formaldehyde — Highly carcinogenic fluid. Flu vaccines can upset the immune system’s balance.
There are natural and healthier ways to combat the flu and colds!
7 Natural Herbal Remedies that have Powerful Immune-Boosting Properties:
1. Echinacea root: is one of the all-American immune system defense strengthener.
- It triggers production of white blood cells, interferon, leukocytes, T-cells, and B-lymphocytes, as well as directly inhibiting the growth of most bacteria and viruses.
- Echinacea tincture is a good first choice for countering infections.
- Although Echinacea is extremely helpful it is usually not recommended to take capsules and pills for lengthy periods because they usually can be counter-productive – most practitioners recommend only to take for 2 weeks and then stop for a week before restarting.
2. Garlic: is an ancient but powerful remedy to prevent infection and helps to support your immunity.
- Has antibiotic powers. Researchers have found garlic to be more powerful at destroying pathogenic bacteria than the popular antibiotics — penicillin and tetracycline.
- Fights bacteria, viruses, is a detriment against parasites and fungi. It has been recommended by many alternative medicine doctors and one of the best tools for good health. It definitely has an incredible immune stimulating effect.
- No need to worry about the smell of raw garlic even cooked garlic retains its antibacterial powers. Make sure you eat plenty of garlic or you can take a garlic supplement that will give you the fighting power of garlic and convenient too. If you are concerned about the smell of garlic try chewing on parsley, fennel seeds, mint, & peppermint directly after eating garlic. These herbs will help mask the potent smell plus they have medicinal benefits and will enhance your health.
3. St. John’s Wort: This herb is known for is powers to treat for mild depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, and pain, but it also — Has immune boosting properties.
- St John‘s Wort has an array of antioxidants, flavonoids, essential oils and other compounds that work together to reduce inflammation and promote healing and well-being. It decreases the immune process that promote inflammation.
- Because it has strong antiviral and antibacterial properties, St. John’s Wort works well in the body to cleanse a compromised immune system.
4. Astragalus: Astragalus is a superb safe immune enhance and booster because it:
- Most research on astragalus has focused on its immuno stimulatory activity and its seemingly remarkable ability to restore the activity of a suppressed immune system.
- Pharmacological data and clinical trials show much evidence in the prevention of the common cold, flu, upper infections respiratory and great support for a suppressed immune system from cancer therapy.
- Stimulates natural killer cells, has natural anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-viral properties
- As per James Duke, Ph.D., the world’s leading authority on healing herbs — Astragalus increases white blood cell production of the body’s own anti-viral compounds alpha-and gamma-interferon, which generally protect against viral invasion
- Enhances immune function by increasing the activity of certain white blood cells which increases the production of antibodies (IgA and IgG)
- Studies indicate astragalus can increase metabolism and energy, boost stamina and promote healing
- Astragalus is often used in combination with other botanicals either orally or as a nasal spray, but is very seldom used as a single agent. Echinacea is sometimes used with astragalus to provide an extra short-term boost in immunity
5. Ginger: Scientific research shows that ginger helps the immune system restore balance and enhance the protective functions.
- Ginger is an antiseptic, antioxidant, antiviral properties, and has a mild sedative property that helps to reduce pain and fever. Ginger can help stop the spread of cold and flu viruses.
- Ginger contains gingerol and shogaols, which can open nasal and sinus passages. The same ingredients are in many herbal remedies for congestion.
- Ginger is beneficial for respiratory ailments, sore throats and chronic allergies.
6. Hyssop: Is an ancient herbal remedy that goes back to Biblical times as a ceremonial cleansing herb.
- Is a immune system booster, strengthener and protector, nourishes the blood and helps cleanse.
- This remedy is great for colds, flu, bronchial congestion or pulmonary distress, and sore throats.
- Hyssop is known to fight infectious bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- It is a potent anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacteria.
7. Tumeric: Research has shown that tumeric has potential immune boosting power compounds to fight the cold and flu from the very high concentration of curcumin
- Curcumin displays powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties.
- Tumeric and the flu — A study published in a 2009 edition of “Emerging Infectious Diseases,” curcumin can reduce viral replication by over 90 percent in laboratory cells infected with influenza varieties. This research suggests that turmeric is a powerful ally in treating the flu naturally. Not only does curcumin decrease viral replication in infected cells, but also protects other cells from infection.
To truly have a strong healthy immune system we must remember that we need many components that need to all work together such as, a healthy organic diet, plenty of sleep, regular physical exercise or activity, emotional well-being, avoid stress, and of course herbal remedies are a powerful ally. It is also a smart idea to avoid coffee, tobacco and medications that can compromise our immune defense. Enjoy the benefits of good health as you follow the path of the Faith in your body’s ability to protect itself will continue to grow and reinforce the immune system as your mental well-being improves. Let’s stop polluting our bodies with toxic substances and live green and natural with the natural herbal weapons that God provided for us.