Yes, it’s that time of year that so many people are making those promises to make positive changes in their lives — called New Year’s Resolutions. Some people decide they are going to lost 20 pounds, exercise regularly, stop eating junk food, etc. But how many of us actually keep those promises, but instead fall by the wayside and end up feeling like failures because we haven’t accomplished our goals? So why not do something different and make simple changes. It all comes down to living a healthy and green lifestyle by making small changes daily that can help you accomplish big goals. I have eight tips to help you accomplish your goal of living a healthier and greener lifestyle while building a foundation for total well-being; healing and living naturally; and feeding your spiritual, emotional, as well as your physical body.
8 New Year’s Resolutions Tips For A Healthy And Green Way of Life:
1. Natural and Healthy Diet — Eating a healthy diet without processed foods, GMO’s, eat Real Foods that are not man-made from a factory but come from nature. No artificial ingredients, dyes, or processed sugar.
2. Don’t Diet – Try eating a little of everything but not a lot of anything. Many people do yo-yo diets that result in roller coaster weight loss. This serves no purpose to your health. Adopt a balanced healthy diet when cooking and eating. Make smart choices that is filled with wholesome foods that works for you. Listen to your body – it will tell you what it needs.
3. Healthy Foods — Include plenty of colored vegetables, and organic or local harvest foods. Eat plenty of legumes and fruits that are packed with fiber. Make sure you eat meat and poultry that is hormone and antibiotic free. Free range poultry is best – buy local if possible and know your sources of your meats. Do your research and find out what their practices are; humane treatment and what and how the animals are fed.
4. Keep on Snacking — Five smaller meals are so much better for you; they are easier for you to digest than three big ones, and keep your metabolism healthy. This way your body is not going through so many highs and lows and you are not feeling so stuffed or starved. Healthy snacks can be very nutritious; make you own (Too Much Sugar — A Healthy But Sweet Recipe) or go to you local health food store and purchase healthy snacks, but make sure you read labels carefully. Try keeping nuts such as almonds on hand that are so healthy and are protein rich.
Since so children and adults suffer food allergies here is a great healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, and vegetarian to fit your lifestyle.
Healthy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar or raw organic coconut sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white (free range)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter and flour until well combined and then add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips.
3. Beat well until batter is quite thick. Stir in chips.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased baking sheets. Press tops with moist fingertips to flatten just a little.
5. Bake 9-10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned, and cookies are set. Cool on wire racks. ENJOY!
5. Feed Thy Body & Soul — A meal is just not about food but it is about togetherness, sharing and love. Make it a rule to have family meals and share with you loved ones. Read “A Family That Eats Together Lives Healthy And Green Together.” If you don’t have family share with friends; just remember to share and be with people who you care about. Food is a connection to our creator, who we are, and how we make our loved ones happy.
6. Be Grateful — There are so many people in the world that don’t have enough to eat, are homeless, sick, and have no way of getting help. Before you take that first bite maybe you should think about saying a small prayer of thanks!
7. Celebrate — Celebrate holidays, but also remember to celebrate life. Take the time to enjoy the little things in life; smell the flowers; enjoy the falling snow; laugh until it hurts; enjoy the falling rain; and appreciate what you have.
8. Be Kind to the Environment — Take care of our planet and your health. Recycle and reuse in every way you can. Use natural organic pest control for your lawn and garden instead of toxic chemical pesticides. Grow your own food the organic way! Learn – 3 Ways Organic Gardening Can Improve Your Health.
Living in our toxic world is not easy. Living in harmony with nature is good for the mind and body and for the environment. Living a healthy and green lifestyle will ultimately help heal our planet and balance our lives. Following a natural way of life without using toxic chemicals; practicing spiritual and physical well-being; showing our love for our planet and to all those around us; appreciating God’s great gift will help us all find peace, joy, happiness, and good health. Let’s make this year the year to make substantial changes in our world and lives.
I wish for all of you a Happy New Year filled with love, beauty, prosperity and good health — physically, emotionally, and spiritually!
– See more at: http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/linkn-blogs-link-party-6.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:%20blogspot/lOJxn%20(Put%20A%20Bird%20On%20It)&utm_content=Yahoo!%20Mail#sthash.5kgoiad9.dpuf