Today my friends I would like to discuss a different type of alternative holistic therapy that I found quite interesting and unique. It is called Raindrop Therapy! So pull up a chair and learn how to help improve your health physically and emotionally.
Raindrop treatment was developed by D. Gary Young, based on techniques taught to him by a Lakota medicine man named Wallace Black Elk. In Lakota Native American healing practices, healers sweep a feather upwards along the spine in imitation of the Northern Lights, which are revered for their healing energy.
When it comes to treating back pain – as well as knee pain, tight shoulders, and digestive system discomfort – it can be hard to find something that will bring the body’s systems into alignment. One aid to solving these problems and is a more relatively new therapy called Raindrop Treatment, using essential oils that have been clinically tested to have antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Raindrop has helped bring relief to chronic pain sufferers and has been known to cause visible improvement in scoliosis. It has also been used successfully on horses and other animals.
Raindrop therapy has been used on thousands of people to help cleanse and detox the body. Essential oils are applied like raindrops to the feet, back, and forehead. It it then followed by a light massage and a the application of heat to the back. Gentle heat is applied to open the tissues and allow the beneficial properties to penetrate into the body.
In a healthy body, the immune system keep us safe from the disease and infection. When high stress, environmental factors and pollutants, negative emotions such as worry, anxiety, anger, and depression, wears it down, disease and illness evade our bodies. The essential oils used in Raindrop Therapy have germ-killing effects and can help boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and fight viruses and bacteria.
8 Most Common Essential Oils Used for Raindrop Therapy and their Health Benefits:
1. Valor: Used to help cleanse the lymphatic system and detox the liver. This is a blend helps grounding, balance, confidence, and helps elevate the mind.
2. Thyme: One of the most antiseptic essential oils, containing thymol, which has been used for centuries to fight infection, pathogens, and fungi.
3. Oregano: A powerful essential oil with similar properties as thyme. Current research shows effectiveness against E. Coli, salmonella, and other pathogens.
4. Wintergreen: Wintergreen is well known and effective for muscle pain, relief of arthritis pain and found in many topical ointments. It is also a vasodilator and very beneficial for the respiratory system.
5. Cypress: One of the primary uses is to help strengthen blood capillaries and improve circulation.
6. Peppermint: It is one of the oldest remedies for digestive problems and has been used in many cultures for years. Peppermint oil has a powerful effect on the smooth muscles of the digestive system and helps to relax them. It is also an anti-inflammatory, antispasdmodic, antiparasitic, antifungal, and has analgesic (pain-relieving) effect on muscle tissues. Peppermint oil also stimulates mental alertness and is beneficial for the respiratory system.
7. Basil: Is very effective against microorganisms.
8. Marjoram: Was known as the “Herb of Happiness” in ancient culture. Marjoram has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. Is used for arthritis, respiratory problems, fungal infections, muscle and nerve pain and is used widely in European medicine.
There are times that Raindrop Therapy can not be used and that is: within 48 hours of any “acute” injury or illness, recent surgery to the massage area, open wounds in the massage area, fever, heat intolerance, allergy to essential oils used in session, pregnancy, severe swelling, bruising, or burn in massage area, contagious skin condition, sensitive skin, high blood pressure, and cancer.
I hope you found this as interesting as I did. I have never personally tried this specific treatment but do believe in massage therapy and have experienced the many health benefits that accompany having a good professional masseuse work on my body.
Quote of the Day: God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars! ~ Martin Luther ~