Tips to Breathe Easy the Green, Eco-Friendly Way
Breathing is essential to life so let’s make sure the air we breathe and our family’s air is as pure, clean and fresh as possible! How do we do that? We do it the green and eco-friendly way! Many children and adults have severe allergies, asthma, other lung disorders such as COPD and even cancer such as Mesothelioma that affects how they function every day.
It sure is scary to think about some of these disorders, such as cancers. But the good news is that many such cancers can be prevented; for example mesothelioma, which is caused from the disturbance of asbestos in a home. Just by hiring a proper inspector to give you the “ok” on home renovations or repairs can help to ensure and prevent you and your family from this disease and from other serious health issues too.
I have many severe allergies that include pollen, mold, chemicals of many types. I found it not only important but critical to my health to take some serious steps to make sure that my home has the healthiest air I can provide.
I would like to share with you some of those steps:
- I use DIY natural cleaning with 9 basic ingredients to green cleaning your home naturally (check this out) your home. I use economical and non-toxic ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, white vinegar, essential oils that are safe non-toxic and will not pollute your lungs or the air.
- I use natural air freshener such as essential oils and baking soda. Check out the best non-toxic ways to clean refresh your home.
- I have a whole house air-purifier with a hepa filter that runs 24 hours a day and helps clean dust, mold, and chemicals and purifiers toxins from the air. Do a little research about type of air cleaner that fits your home and needs.
- I do not have carpet on my floors, but if you do there are some steps you can take to help make your carpet healthier, reduce dust mites and toxins from your carpet. Check out how to protect your home from the health hazards of carpets.
- Formaldehyde is a dangerous chemicals that is in many products such as furniture, carpet, commercial cleaning products, paints, building materials, and can be extremely hazard to your health. I avoid this chemical in every way I can. I make sure I use green building materials such as no or low VOC green, earth friendly paint!
- I have many plants in my home that help purifier the air.
More Steps You Can take to make sure you and your family can breathe easy:
- Check for asbestos in your home. If this dangerous substance is disturbed or broken it can be easily inhaled and cause serious health issues such as Mesothelioma.
- Have your home tested for mold that might not be visible. Learn more about mold at the CDC.
- Check for Radon that is odorless and tasteless but can be extremely dangerous. Learn more about Radon here.
- Check out information on Black mold and the health risks.