11 Ways to Get You Gut Healthy
Hi, there! Does your gut give you problems? Do you belch, have indigestion, or just feel miserable! Not a very pleasant subject, but unfortunately, it is a reality for millions of people!
So today let’s talk about our digestive system and how to keep it healthy, which will help our whole body be healthy.
Unfortunately, digestive stress is so common today that most of us consider it as normal. But your digestion is at the heart of your detox system, it can cause you whole immune system to breakdown, and plays a vital role in your health and energy levels. In fact, your digestive system has its own hormonal system. Your diet and what you put into body, lifestyle, environmental toxins that we are consistently exposed to are some of the most important factors in keeping this fragile balance.
If our gut get our of whack it will affect every other function of the body. The various hormones that the gut produces are essential to a proper digestion and digestive system health.
When the hormones are out of balance, the immune system is too, and this affects the detox system which lets our whole body open to many illnesses and diseases.
Gut hormones, such as leptin, ghrelin, cholecystokinin as well as other peptides, tells you when you’re hungry and when you’re not, when to store fat and controls other various bodily functions.
When the immune system is out balance we will not have the proper flora (the good bacteria) in our gut lining. This can lead to leaky gut, food allergies, and many other health problems.
So lets ask ourselves some questions that might be able to determine if out digestive system is not working properly. Are you constantly hunger, do you have unexplained weight gain, skin problems and digestive conditions.
What we should be looking for to decide if we have a problem:
- Do you have frequent bloating, gas, belching?
- Frequent diarrhea or constipation, and flatulence?
- Do you have heartburn more than once a week, and are you rarely hungry in the morning?
- Do you have skin problems or have weak and peeling fingernails?
- Do you suffer from bad breath frequently?
- Do you have abdominal pain after eating or feel like nothing you eat agrees with you?
- Do you feel full after eating a regular-sized meal?
If you have any of these symptoms, your digestive tract might not be at its best and it might be a good idea to consider taking some positive steps to try to get your gut in balance.
There are many things you can do to help your digestion to get back on track. One very positive step is to help your body to detox naturally, it’s important to keep your digestion healthy. Here’s a few suggestions that you can do.
Things to avoid and ways to help get your gut healthy:
1. Take your time to eat and chew well.
2. Avoid sugars, food additives, and synthetic dyes.
3. Drink plenty of pure water (non-chlorinated).
4. Eat fiber-rich foods and incorporate more raw food in your diet.
5. Exercise daily, breathe deeply, and avoid stress as much as possible.
6. Don’t use unnecessary medicine , try a herbal remedies or alternative solutions first!
7. Research hidden food allergies and keep a food dairy if you think that you might have an allergy or sensitivity to certain foods.
8. Eat varied, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
9. Look for vitamin deficiencies, possibly try taking a good quality multi-vitamin.
10. Avoid using strong laxatives and repeated use of harsh detox cleanses. Cleansing naturally is much healthier.
11.Try taking a probiotic regularly to help get your gut back in balance and/or eat fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut etc.
I sincerely hope this information will help to guide you to take a look at your health and if needed take the proper steps to get your gut healthy!
Quote of the Day: If we do not change our direction we are likely to end up where we are headed.