4 Healthy Cara Cara Orange Recipe For The Whole Family
Cara Cara Oranges have been called the drama queen of navel oranges. They have a lovely pinkest red flesh beneath the shiny bright orange skin. Known as “The Power Orange”, they are seedless and exceptionally sweet, low acid, and they are loaded with natural nutrition and minerals to help support a healthy immune system. You can add them to your holiday menu in so many ways to reap the wealth of health. They are also a great low-calorie snack when the hungries hit.
- Vitamin C – Contain 150 percent of your RDA for super immunity protective and health
- Cancer Prevention — This cancer protecting fruits contains lycopene and a powerhouse of antioxidants.
- Vitamin A – Contains 30 percent of the needed vitamin A that will help your keep your eyes healthy and maintain healthy vision.
- Folate – Contain 15 percent your daily RDA. Folate help the body maintain normal cell growth and protects you against cancer.
- Soluble Fiber – Cara Cara Oranges are a good source of soluble fiber that helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels and digestive health.
- Potassium – Cara Cara Orange are heart healthy. They contain 250 mg of potassium that can help prevent a stroke.
Delicious And Nutritious Ways to Add them to Your Diet:
- In a drink — Surprise your quest at your next party with a refreshing drink. Add the jewel toned juice with some sparkling water or champagne and just a splash of fresh lime.
- Chocolate Dip — What to dazzle your family and friends? Try melting 1 cup dark organic chocolate chips over low heat; dip the peeled Cara Cara Orange sections halfway into the chocolate, then transfer to a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate until firm. For a crunchy nutty texture or taste sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts or peanuts. This recipe is always a sure crowd pleaser! Who doesn’t love chocolate!
- For Breakfast Delight — Heat 1 cup of Pure Organic Maple syrup in a pan; add 1 teaspoon grated Cara Cara zest and finely diced sections from 1 Cara Cara Orange, stir until heated through. Drizzle over some French Toast, Waffles, or Pancakes. This will make the kids come running for breakfast.
Steamed Carrots In Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup fresh Cara Cara Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon unsalted pure butter
- 1/2-1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- 3 cups thinly sliced organic carrots
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions: Combine Cara Cara Orange Juice, butter, and honey in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring to melt butter. Add cinnamon, carrots, and salt; stir until combined thoroughly. Cover and simmer gently until crisp and tender about 5-6 minutes. Stir in chopped walnuts.
This is a kid friendly recipe and a great way to get them to eat their vegetables. Serve and Enjoy! Serves 6.
My husband bought Cara Cara oranges a few weeks ago and he loved the sweet flavorful taste and texture of this amazing fruit. Whatever way you choose to add them to your family diet or holidays parties they are sure to be a hit and I am sure you will get many compliments from your guests.
Serve your family real food without GMO’s, additives or any other toxic ingredients because they deserve the very best. So enjoy the natural goodness, the nutritional value, and health benefits while you stay on the road to living a healthy and green lifestyle.