You will never know just how much value your breath holds until you cannot breathe. Asthma is one of the most common chronic obstructive diseases in which the person cannot breathe properly. Home and natural remedies can treat asthma very easily. During an asthma attack, muscles around the airway linings swell.
The warning signs for Asthmatic patients are:
- Lack of appetite
- Fatigue, headache
- Less tolerance for exercise
- Trouble while sleeping & feeling tired due to which dark circles under the eyes appears.
These all warning signs can be cured by using some simple home remedies for asthma at home.
Natural Home Remedies for Asthma are mentioned below:
- Ginger: You can use ginger juice as its easily available at home and it’s consider as one of the best home remedies.
- Extract juice of ginger, pomegranate and honey. Take all these ingredients in equal quantities. Mix well and consume it 2-3 times a day for better results.
- Take one tbsp. of ginger juice, mix it with a tbsp. of honey and two tbsp. of dried fenugreek seeds. Soak all these ingredients overnight. Consume this mixture every morning for the detoxification of lungs.
- Figs: Soak 3-4 dried figs in water overnight. Eat these figs every morning on an empty stomach as it provides effective relief from the problem of asthma, also drink the fig water. This is one of the most efficacious home remedies for asthma.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural home remedies QA for asthma.
- Consume a teaspoon of honey mixed in hot water at least 2-3 times a day.
- Inhale the aroma of honey.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with half teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Have this mixture before going for sleep.
- Onions: Onions are proved to be helpful in clearing air passages as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
You should consume Onions in raw form in salads or cooked in vegetables.
- Bitter gourd: Take out the juice of bitter gourd. Add basil paste and honey to it. Consume this mixture. This home remedy will help in curing asthmatic attacks.
- Indian Gooseberries: Cush 2-4 gooseberries add some honey to them. Consume this mixture to get rid of this ailment. As Indian Gooseberries are the best home remedies for Asthma.
- Cloves: Take 5-6 cloves, boil them in half a glass of water. Add a spoon of honey to it. Consume this mixture twice in a day as it is an excellent home remedy in curing asthma at home.
- Massage with Mustard Oil: Take some mustard oil add camphor to it. Warm this mixture a little. Massage this mixture over the chest, so that your chest feels the warmth and get quickly relieved from the signs of asthma.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a cup of boiling water after that inhale its steam as it will help in opening up the air passages and nasal passages, so that air can pass through easily in asthmatic patients.
- Radish Soup: Take a juice of radish. Mix it with some lemon juice and honey. Consume this mixture as it will help in clearing up respiratory track.
- Fennel Seeds: To get rid of asthmatic attacks consume fennel seeds on regular basis.
- Parsley leaves: Prepare a tea from the leaves of parsley. This tea will soothe the throat and ease chest congestion.
- Warm Milk: To a glass of warm milk add equal quantity of olive oil and honey. Drink this milk along with a few garlic cloves, before breakfast. This is one of the best home remedy to relief asthma.
- Lavender Oil: Inhale the steam of lavender oil by putting some drops of this oil in hot water. This oil soothes the air passage, strengthens the immune system, controls mucus production and inhibits the inflammation of the airways in asthmatic patients.
- Turmeric powder: Use one-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder along with a glass of water. Do this thrice a day for 14 days. You can double the dosage if there is no improvement in the symptoms. The phytochemical Curcumin present in turmeric is very beneficial in relieving asthma. This is an excellent antimicrobial agent, it alleviates the inflammation of the airways.
- Black Pepper: Chewing of black pepper at night is a good home remedy for asthmatic patients.
- Basil leaves: Chew basil leaves and honey every morning to keep asthma at bay.
- Licorice: Use a tea made from licorice root add a teaspoon of honey to it. Licorice has immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory properties. It is a natural home remedy for asthmatic patients.
- Ajwain Seeds: Inhaling steam from water boiled in ajwain seeds as it relieves the asthmatic conditions.
- Fish: Consuming fish like tuna, salmon, and sardines are good for asthmatic patients as they make the lungs better and stronger.
- Herbal Tea: Make herbal tea from lime juice and crushed ginger and consume this tea as it is an effective treatment for asthma.
During asthmatic attacks patients feel difficulty while talking, inability to inhale or exhale, feeling of panic or anxiety, pale and sweaty face, shortness of breath, coughing that would not stop. For quick relief from the troublesome and serious symptoms try some of the mentioned home remedies.
Author Bio: This article is written by DR. Vikram Chauhan (MD – AYURVEDA). He is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda (Ancient healing treatment), not only in India but also abroad. Also he is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company.