The skin has thousands of pores so it manages to absorb anything that’s applied to it. You should be careful about the things you apply on your skin especially your face, which is a part of your body that is often exposed on a daily basis. Using harsh makeup could cause skin rashes and irritation or worse, it could bring about long-term effects like cancer.
It’s crucial to make sure that the beauty products you use are natural, organic and safe. There are a lot of products available in the market nowadays yet not all of them are considered good for your skin. Between products with high chemical content and those that are all-natural, you can choose organic makeup.
Organic makeup is a product of nature that can help you achieve beautiful and soft skin. It is healthy for your skin because it is made of nourishing minerals such as calcium, mica, magnesium, and zinc oxide and botanical ingredients such as rosemary extracts, tea tree oil, and green tea.
Here are the top reasons why you should start using organic makeup:
1. Organic makeup is natural, safe, and healthy for your skin
Organic makeups promote and enhance your natural beauty, so it is a good idea to use natural mineral mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick, and foundation instead of highly commercialized regular makeup products. Many regular cosmetic products contain flavorings, artificial coloring, aspartame, and chemicals that are proven to be harmful to human health.
Here are some examples:
- Lead is commonly found in makeup, most especially lipsticks. That metal is proven to cause gastrointestinal problems, kidney disorders, reproductive dysfunction, seizures, and neurotoxicity that may result in brain damage.
- Formaldehyde is found in liquid soaps, hair care products, ‘no tear’ shampoos, and nail polishes. When absorbed through the skin or when inhaled, formaldehyde can increase your risk of developing cancer.
- Paraben is a chemical compound, which commonly functions as product preservative that can disrupt hormones and potentially cause cancer.
- Cottonseed or rapeseed oil is usually a result of GMO farming, which means it could have traces of pesticide in it.
- Petroleum-based oils are byproducts of the oil industry. It is a component for most mainstream cosmetics such as skin creams, lipsticks, and nail polishes.
2. Organic makeups help repair and heal your skin
The skin tends to react to whatever harmful is applied to it, so it’s not surprising to notice redness, swelling, and even major skin breakouts if your skin becomes allergic to specific cosmetic products. Your skin manifests clear signs that something is wrong, so you need to stop using it.
Organic products contain the following nutrients to help repair, rejuvenate, and heal your damaged skin caused by non-organic makeups:
- Vitamin C. It helps fight free radicals and promote collagen production to counteract skin aging.
- Vitamin E. This nutrient is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines, as well as soothe your skin.
3. Organic makeup can make you look and feel younger
Organic makeup products don’t contain fillers and chemicals that can accelerate the aging process. Regular makeup products tend to emphasize wrinkles and fine lines because they include silicones and waxes that settle in your skin. That is why regular makeup feels heavy to wear, but organic makeups are lightweight and more natural.
4. Organic makeups protect future generations
Non-organic cosmetic products do not only affect you but also the baby you’re carrying. Most especially lead, a common ingredient of non-organic makeup, causing congenital disabilities and neurobehavioral problems such as autism. Organic cosmetics and makeup contain natural ingredients which are safe for pregnant and lactating mothers.
Many well-marketed makeups have high levels of phthalates are believed to cause disruptive behavior among children according to the Organic Consumers Administration in the United States.
5. Organic makeup is environment-friendly
Because the ingredients of organic makeups are usually found on plant oils using natural methods, nothing is disrupted or introduced to the environment such as harmful or toxic fertilizers. Regular cosmetic products like lipsticks, uses lead which is extracted by digging the ground or underground mining, which potentially harms the environment if improperly done or abused.
There are many good reasons why you should use organic makeup. You might be concerned about the price of organic cosmetic products. Well, to tell you, they are not as expensive as you think. Many are offered at reasonable and affordable prices. You have to look for a trusted and reputable source to ensure that they sell authentic organic makeups. Besides, it is good to invest on your beauty and health because you only deserve the best. Go organic now!
What is your opinion on organic cosmetics and makeup? Is your health and the environment important enough to you to start living organically if every way? Please leave you opinions, ideas or suggestion in the comment section below!
Please share this article to help spread the word of health and wellness to everyone we can!