6 Plus Natural and Herbal Remedies For Heart Health
Our heart is the center of our body functions and is the hardest working organ in the body. The heart is the core of our being, emotionally and physically. It continually pumps blood, oxygen, and nutrition throughout our body and in every cell to substance our life source. Every function and breathe we take depends on our heart. The best way to take care of your heart health is through natural and herbal remedies that will allow you to a live long and healthy life.
Your heart beats on an average about 100,000 times a day. If your heart is not in good condition your health and quality of life can not continue. The most common modern causes of death in industrial countries is a heart attack due to lack of blood flow to the heart. To optimize your heart’s health let’s learn some important facts and information on the heart health herbal and natural remedies.
Common Symptoms of Heart Disease:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Palpitations, dizziness or light-headedness
- Swelling in legs, and fatigue.
- Anxiety attacks
- Appetite loss, bluish skin discoloration, dizziness, and fast heart beat.
- Numbness, tingling, and vertigo.
- Jaw pain.
Natural and Herbal Remedies for Optimal Heart Health:
1. Hawthorn: Is probably the best-known herb for the heart in western world of herbalist. It is a small shrub that grows throughout the northern hemisphere. The fruits, flowers, and leaves are processed into tinctures or other types of extracts. It is also available in capsules or tablets in the U.S. and other parts of the world. Why use Hawthorn?
- According to officials European Community monograph (ESCOP) –Hawthorn is considered safe and normally does not interfere with other medications, and can be taken long-term.
- It increases blood flow to the heart muscle
- Improves the performance of the heart muscle and helps the heart pumping action and increases overall cardiac performance
- Reduces the work load of the heart by lowering the peripheral vascular resistance
- Helps keep the heartbeat steady
- In a diseased heart where the arteries are partly blocked it can help increase the heart’s tolerance to oxygen deficiency and in cases of stress it can have the same effect
2. Fish Oil – Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Fish contain unsaturated fatty acids and even the AMA recommends Omega-3 fatty acids for heart health. Fatty fish, such as salmon, herring and certain types of tuna. It is recommended that you eat wild caught fish not farmed raised because of toxicity in fish such as mercury, antibiotics, pesticides and other toxins. Taking a Fish Oil Supplement can also be a safer choice for many people.
- Lower cholesterol.
- Reduces inflammation throughout the body that can damage your blood vessels and lead to heart disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids may decrease triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce blood clotting, boost immunity.
- According to the Mayo Clinic by adding Omega-3 fatty acids fish to you diet of 1 to 2 servings a week can reduce the risk of sudden cardiac death and heart disease.
3. Garlic: Garlic is one of the best natural herbal remedies for all over body health that nature has provided. It is also beneficial for heart health and some studies show that garlic should be taken for an extended period to reap the full potential of its benefits
- Is full of antioxidants
- Help to reduce plaque buildup
- Helps thin the blood from its anticoagulant properties
4. D-Ribose: Every cell in the human body makes some of this simple sugar molecule.
- This nutrient is new to heart health but can be extremely powerful as a form of rebuilding the depleted energy.
- Studies show Ribose can restore energy and diastolic function — patients with CAD (coronary artery disease) are treated with D-ribose, symptoms and treadmill time improve significantly within one week
- Ribose shows much promise in benefiting patients with congestive heart failure
- In a study in The European Journal of Heart Failure, ribose appears to improve heart function and quality of life among these patients by increasing levels and availability of ATP.
5. CQ10: This is a unique nutrient that is not classified as a vitamin or mineral. It is essential for heart health and especially for someone who has been diagnosed or treated for congestive heart failure.
- It re-energizes the heart cells
- Blocks plague buildup in the articles
- Lowers blood pressure
- It is an antioxidant that help neutralize free radicals and stop the damage of cells
- It may reduce your risk for heart disease by lowering levels of total and bad LDL cholesterol in your blood, according to the Mayo Clinic website.
- It helps supply sufficient oxygen to your body tissues and can help strengthen your heart. According to studies people who have a higher intake of alpha-linolenic acid tend to have a lower risk of death from heart disease.
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the US. Approximately 400,000 Americans die yearly from heart disease.
For heart health and all over body health we need to:
Exercise daily and avoid stress as much as possible!
Stop the tobacco use!
Eat a healthy fiber filled balanced organic diet that includes vegetables!
Avoid environmental toxins!
Take care of our mental and emotional health.