Why Organic Apples and Their Health Benefits
Today my friends, I would like to discuss a fruit which I have loved all my life. That is apples! Those round sometimes red, green, or yellow, tasty fruit that can ranch from sweet to tart.
I am going to prove why that old expression, “An apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away” has a lot of truth to it.
So pull up a chair, sit back and relax and after I done get an organic apple and eat it, enjoy the juicy, delicious flavor with the knowledge that it is good for you and could help you live a longer healthier life.
Some history of and interesting Information about Apples:
- The apple tree was originally associated Biblically with the Adam and Eve, although no one is actually sure it is was the apple that tempted Eve to go against God’s commandment.
- In Norse mythology the magic apple was said to keep people young forever.
- Then we have Johnny Appleseed that walked across the U.S. barefoot planting apple trees that provided food for generations of settlers.
- So the apple has it owe interesting story to tell as no other fruit has, dating from the beginning of time.
- The apple tree originally came from Eastern Europe and southwestern Asia, but has spread to most parts of the world wherever temperatures are favorable for growth. The apple has grown to over $7,000 varieties from hybrids to cultivars for every taste and texture that would appeal to almost anyone’s preference.
My Childhood Memory:
I can remember as a child when we came home from school each day, in the fall of the year one of the few snacks that my Mother would allow was an apple. I used to look forward to that apple each day, before we had supper.
Now that we know a little about the history of apples lets talk about how to get the most health benefits from apples!
Simple, you need to make sure they are organic!
- Studies show that —Organic foods provide more beneficial nutrients such as antioxidants, than their conventionally grown counterparts.
- people with allergies to foods, chemicals or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
- Organic produce has fewer toxic pesticides that are harmful to our health and environment.
The Health Benefits of Organic Apples:
1. Anti-Cancer Benefits: According to recent studies apples have shown great potential to help fight against certain cancer such as colon and breast which numerous fruits and vegetables have shown this ability. But the amazingly, apples have shown a remarkable ability by themselves to lower lung cancer. Although it is not completely understood what the connection is but the preliminary researchers believe it is the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits and the unusual polyphenol composition. The most beneficial polyphenols are in the skin of the apple, so eat the whole apple, don’t peel it.
2. Anti-Asthma & Allergy Benefits: The same phenomenon as with lung cancer is the anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Apples contain a rich potent antioxidant and flavonoid called quercetin that is also a natural antihistamine giving it potent anti-allergy properties. Studies have shown that children who consume apples often have lower rates of asthma and adults that eat apples regularly may help reduce allergy symptoms.
3. Cardiovascular Benefits and Lowering the Risk of Stroke: Consuming fruit with white edible portions, apples, can reduce the risk of stroke by 52%, researchers from Wageningen University in the Netherlands wrote in the journal Stroke: Journal of the American Heart Association. Apparently, you can tell whether a fruit is rich in phytochemicals by the color of its edible portion and are naturally occurring compounds that are found in plants.
The pectin (water-soluble fiber) content and the their unusual mix of polyphenols have been well documented in research studies to lower total cholesterol a LDL cholesterol by eating and one apple daily. The quercetin content also provides the cardiovascular system with anti-inflammatory benefits.
4. Regulates Blood Sugar: Recent research has shown that apple polyphenols can help prevent spikes in blood sugar by inhibiting enzymes that are involved in the breakdown of complex carbohydrates and have shown to lessen absorption of glucose from the digestive tract. To say it simply, the polyphenols in apples are clearly capable of influencing our digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. This all helps to make it easier for you to regulate your blood sugar. Click here to learn more.
Now that you have learned all that, let me also add that Organic apples are one of the perfect health foods you eat. They only contain between 50-80 calories (depending on the size of the apple and type) and they are filling so you are less likely to eat something else that would be loaded with calories, and definitely not as good for you. If you are watching you waistline they can definitely be a plus to help control your calorie intake and apples are so healthy at the same time. Please remember to eat organic and to eat the whole apple – skin too, so that you get all the healthy benefits and then you can prove
“Eat an Organic Apple A Day to Keep the Doctor Away!”
Please Share My Information & Sign-Up for E-Mail Updates!
Quote of the Day: If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness, you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want! ~Elbert Hubbard