CBD Oil: What Is It and What’s It Made From?
Nowadays, cannabis oil (CBD oil) is popping up everywhere. People who have used it are claiming that it can treat several health symptoms. CBD oil has also been incorporated into food products, supplements, lotions, and a lot more.
Unfortunately, the use of cannabis oil remains controversial, and confusion arises as to what it is and what it’s made from. In this article, we’ll provide a quick run-through of all the things you need to know about CBD oil.
CBD Oil: What Is It?
CBD oil is a concentrated oil taken out from the cannabis plant. It contains concentrations of cannabinoids, which are said to help with everything from seizures to stress disorder and arthritis.
Until now, several researchers are still finding out the potential therapeutic uses of CBD oil. However, it should be remembered that the applications of the CBD oil may vary depending on the circumstances.
CBD Oil: What It’s Made From?
Now that we know what CBD oil is, it’s time that you familiarize yourself of what it’s made from.
- First, CBD oil is extracted from two varieties of Cannabis sativa plant, namely, hemp and marijuana.
- Both plant varieties contain the psychoactive chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). At a certain amount in the body, THC induces the “high” sensation that cannabis users experience, along with other psychological and biological effects.
- The CBD oil derived from hemp comes from the bark and large stalks of the hemp plant. This type of CBD oil contains little traces of THC. This means that the oil made from hemp does not affect the state of mind of its user.
- On the other hand, the CBD oil from marijuana can have substantial amounts of THC, which may cause a “high” feeling to the user, but some marijuana CBD does is produced by taking out most of the THC and will not any affect the state of mind of the patient. The oil derived from the marijuana plant comes from its flowering parts and buds.
Knowing the differences between the two can give you a better idea of what should be expected from these oils. Be sure that the one you’re buying contains the right level of THC.
CBD Oil: Is It Legal?
The legality of the CBD oil continues to be a hot issue in the society today. However, it’s worth noting that the question of validity depends on where you live and where it’s made from.
- For instance, CBD oil from hemp is legal across the United States and other neighboring countries. It can even be farmed and shipped everywhere you want. Thus, living in any part of the United States means that you can buy it for any purpose you intend to use it.
- On the other hand, CBD oil coming from marijuana isn’t legal in all states. It’s only allowed in certain areas, such as California, Colorado, and Oregon. This means growing and shipping this oil will be subject to government regulations.
- Moreover, if you buy CBD oil from marijuana, you have to secure a marijuana card or a prescription from the doctor. Either way, you need to consult your doctor to check if CBD oil is an appropriate supplement for you.
CBD Oil: What Are Its Health Benefits?
Most health and wellness communities talk about CBD oil and its common uses and health benefits. It’s gaining popularity around the world as it’s said to minimize anxiety and depression and other common symptoms.
A study published by the Journal of Experimental Medicine claimed that CBD helps in reducing pain and chronic inflammation in some mice and rats. The researchers have also suggested that CBD oil from marijuana can treat chronic pain.
In light of this, CBD oil may provide the following health benefits:
- Helps smokers quit smoking
- Relieves inflammation and pain
- Treats epileptic seizures
- Helps fight cancer
- Reduces anxiety-related behaviors
- Helps slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
- Protects against the development of diabetes
- Provides safe treatment for those who have schizophrenia
There still so much to learn about the CBD oil, and more studies should be conducted to determine its effects on people’s health and wellness. Despite its availability in the market, you should still make the effort to speak with your doctor and make sure you have the right prescription before you buy. So, if you’re looking for reliable CBD products in the USA, Canada, and worldwide, there are websites like https://cbdoilreviews.ca/ that provide research and reviews on the best CBD oil brands that are available across the globe.