Harvesting Your Health With Organic Apples
This is the season for harvesting apples! Organic apples of every kind, sweet or tart, eat them whole of make a delicious dessert that is healthy and will have the kids come running for more. We need to take advantage of apples in every way we can to keep our family on the road to a healthy and green lifestyle. Some have even said they are one of the healthiest foods and their natural healing powers are one of Nature’s true gifts. Put them in your kids lunch, give some to your neighbors and they will surely remember your kindness, or you can even stick one in your purse or briefcase for a quick healthy snack.
- Apples are naturally low in calories so if you are watching your weight they are an excellent choice, while they help keep you on track on your road to a healthy weight, they will also help prevent constipation, lower your risk of heart disease, and help prevent cancer.
- Try to make sure you eat the skin of organic apples because this is where most of the healing powers resides.
- Organic apples are a great choice to give to Halloweener’s that come to your door instead of all that sugary, toxic candy filled with artificial ingredients dyes, additives, and just plain junk.
- I am firm believer in An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away! You can find out why – check out the many health benefits!
Tips For Using Apples:
- A common problem when using fresh apples is they tend to brown. To avoid the browning effect when slicing apples for a recipe, simply put the slices in a bowl of cold water with a spoonful of lemon juice for a few minutes.
- While you’re at it you can slice extra and use in future recipes, just put them in plastic bags or containers. The sliced apples will freeze well and be quick and convenient to use for your next recipe.
- You can add sliced apples to green salads, or add to raw yogurt, and they are always great in fruit salad.
It’s not always easy to get the kids or even Dad to eat fruits but this recipe will be a treat that they will ask you to make over and over. It is mouth-watering healthy way that I promise you they wouldn’t argue about eating. If fact you might just get a big kiss for making it!
This has always been a big hit when I have made it for any occasion.
- 4 organic apples (I like to use 2 tart apples such as Granny Smith or Honey Crisp and then 2 sweeter such as JonaGold or Gala)
- Almond butter, peanut butter, or other nut butter (organic)
Ingredients For Caramel:
- 1/2 cup organic pitted Dates
- 2 Tablespoons liquid organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon organic vanilla (this is optional)
To make the caramel, simply blend all ingredients until smooth.
Then — Slice thinly and core each apple. Layer each slice with alternating caramel and nut butter. Let set for about 1/2 hour until firm and Enjoy! Yum! I’m ready to make one now!
This recipe is filled with some of the healthiest raw foods including coconut oil, raw dates, nut butter that are loaded with protein and natural healing. Add it to your menu for the taste and for the health of your family!
Raw organic apples are such a wonderful healthy nutritious fruit loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and are so good for the family. The phytonutrients in apples can help you regulate your blood sugar while keeping the hungries away, and are full of vitamin C.
Make sure they are organic apples and organic ingredients when possible, that don’t contain any toxic pesticides, contaminants, and chemicals. After all they are for your loved ones, aren’t they worth the extra money? Make sure you give them the very best so that they have the best chance possible to live a healthy and long life!
Live Natural, Live Organic, Live Long!
Please Share My Information & Sign up For Updates Via E-Mail!
Sources: The Doctors Book of Food Remedies Author: Selene Yeager and the Editors of Prevention Health Books