Health Benefits of Peaches: Organic Peach Crisp Recipe
Peaches are a healthy fruit that always reminds me of pure sunshine. They are one of Nature’s sweet gifts that are filled with health, nutrition and that can be added to your diet in many ways. Eat a fresh peach for a low-calorie nutritious snack and enjoy their natural goodness and flavor. Add peaches to salads, make peach smoothies, peach crisp, peach ice-cream, peach pie, peach dumplings, jam and jellies — the list goes on and on.
- Fight obesity-related diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Peaches are rich in phytochemicals called phenols that act as antioxidants.
- Peaches health benefits include chlorogneic acid an antioxidants compounds that helps to prevent cancer, chronic disease, reduce inflammation, reduce toxins in your body from exposure to pollutants, food and the environment. This antioxidant may also help ward off cancer and reduce body inflammation.
- They contain 10 different vitamins including vitamin A, and 11.6 mg of vitamin C another antioxidant and tissue-builder. Peaches also are a good source of thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B-6, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid and have lower levels of vitamins E and K.
- Vitamin C can also help prevent anemia because it helps the body absorb iron better. Iron increases the production of hemoglobin that can prevent anemia.
- Helps prevent cancer with selenium — a mineral with antioxidant properties that may help protect cells from damage.
- Contain fiber that helps you have a healthy digestive system. A large peach provides 17 g of carbohydrates, 3 g of which come from fiber.
- Peacheshelp to maintain a healthy weight because they are fat-free and contain an average of only 68 calories. Even though they contain a high amount of sugar it is a natural and does not have an adverse effect on health.
I would like to share with a recipe for Peach Crisp that I came up with. I was having some family over for Labor Day weekend and was trying to decide what I could make for dessert that would be healthy and tasty. I decided that I was going to use peaches since I can buy them local organic ones at this time of year. I searched a number recipe books and the internet for some ideas and finally came up with my own personal peach crisp recipe.
Tasty Organic Peach Crisp
Peach Crisp Bottom
- 5-6 Medium sized local organic Peaches (peeled & sliced and layer in a 9X9 or 8×8 glass pan)
- 1-3 teaspoon of organic coconut oil (dab it on top of the peaches)
- 1/8 cup of organic Maple Syrup (pour over peaches)
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice (drizzle over peaches)
- Organic Cinnamon (sprinkle over peaches)
- Sliced Almonds (optional) (sprinkle over top )
Let set over night to let the flavor go through the peaches.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup organic Maple syrup (or other organic sweetener of your choice)
- dash of Himalayan sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pure Organic Vanilla extract
1. Put in a bowl and mix thoroughly. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer to mix the dough. The topping should be have a nice moist texture – if it does not feel moist add a little more organic coconut oil.
2. Add the oat mixture on top of the peaches mixture and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The topping should be a golden brown.
3. Serve warm or cold. To make it extra special add your own homemade peach ice-cream.
My quests loved this dessert especially and I had the satisfaction that I was providing a healthy, nutritious and delicious dessert that everyone enjoyed. Whatever way you use peaches make sure they are local and organic.