Taking advantage of what nature has to offer is an inexpensive and organic way to help lessen your carbon footprint and save the planet.
An added bonus is that these fresh and natural ingredients will give you younger-looking, firmer skin, help fight free radicals, and prevent wrinkles.
Now if that didn’t convince you yet, having a routine face mask maybe once or twice a week will help your skin look more even-toned, younger and smoother. So if you’re like most millennials who love to commute with motorized skateboards, then adding a DIY face mask in your night time routine might prove beneficial to your tired and dull looking skin.
#1 Refreshing Cucumber Face Mask
This may seem to be a humble and simple water-rich vegetable but in actuality, studies have proven that cucumbers contain plenty of anti-inflammatory nutrients and potent antioxidants. This face mask will help in soaking up excess oils, gently exfoliate your skin, lighten your blemishes, soothe your inflamed skin, deep cleanse your pores, moisturize your face plus it also has antibacterial properties to help clean your dull skin.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal
- ½ cucumber
- Puree the cucumber using a food processor or blender for about 1-3 minutes then pour it into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Make sure all of it are mixed well.
- Wash your hands and then gently put the mixture onto your face while gently massaging it in circular motions.
- Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face mask off with cold water and pat your face dry with a clean face towel.
#2 Pumpkin Face Mask for Radiant Skin
This vegetable is packed with antioxidants, alpha and beta-carotenes, vitamins A, C, E, K and zinc. It helps prevent wrinkles and age spots because it has enzymes that help disband your dry skin cells. Pumpkin is also a gentle exfoliator which helps you get that radiant complexion you always wanted.
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- With clean hands, gently put the mixture on your face using circular motions.
- Leave on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse your mask off using cold water. Then pat dry.
#3 Brightening Carrot Face Mask
This vegetable is a natural antiseptic that helps your skin feel healthy and fresh. Carrots contain antioxidants like vitamins A and K that helps limit the production of free radicals that damages your skin cells. Carrots also has Vitamin C that helps reduce brown spots and sun damage. This also boosts production of healthy collagen which will help you get firmer skin.
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 Carrot
Grate your carrot pieces or slice your carrots into small pieces and boil for 10 minutes.
- Mash the carrots until you make a paste.
- Add the yogurt and lemon juice then mix well.
- Using clean fingers put the mixture onto your face using circular motions.
- Leave it on for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse using cold water then pat dry.
#4 Rejuvenating Tomato Face Mask
Tomatoes are good for your skin. They contain a strong antioxidant that protects your skin from UV rays, skin cancer and delays its aging. This vegetable contains natural astringent compounds that helps tighten large pores and regulate oily skin.
If you want to make those facial blemishes away and lighten your skin tone, this face mask is for you.
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ ripe tomato
- Blend ½ tomato into a puree until it is nice and smooth.
- Pour the tomato puree into a small mixing bowl then add in the ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Get a clean cotton ball and use it to apply the mixture onto your face using circular motions.
- Let it sit for a good 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water then pat your face dry with a face towel.
- Optional: Apply a tiny drop of olive oil onto your face to moisturize.
Keep you skin beautiful, glowing, and natural looking with vegetable mask from Nature. There are so many natural DIY face mask that are great for your budget and for your skin. Try checking out a few other DIY face masks — 6-homemade-natural-face-mask-to-rejuvenate-your-skin and see what works best for you or switch them for multiple benefits! Remember if you can’t eat it then don’t put it on your skin. Help you skin stay healthy and younger looking while you help reduce your carbon footprint.
What is your favorite DIY skin masks?
Leave your suggestions and ideas in the comment section and Please share this article!!