GMO – The Health & Environmental Dangers – Monsanto Lies
Today my friends, I would like to talk about something I feel very passionate about and that is GMO (genetically modified organisms) in our foods. I feel compelled to express my deep concern about the dangers to our health, our children’s future, the toxic effects to the environment, the facts that most of us are not aware of, the truths that are hidden from us, and what we can do about this.
It is the result of a laboratory process where genes from the DNA of one species are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of an unrelated plant or animal. The foreign genes may come from bacteria, viruses, insects, animals or even humans.
GMO were first introduced into our food supply in the mid 1990’s and are increasing in many types of food every year. The horror of it is that we don’t even know when we are eating them because it is not required by our government officials the FDA (who are supposed to be protecting us against harm) to label foods that contain these genetically modified organisms.
We are would like to believe that our government is truthful, but the reality is that they are not!
In over 50 other countries they have banned GMO’s, yet in the US just last year the USDA approved planting of genetically enhanced sugar beets and alfalfa (food for livestock). The FDA is expected to okay a fast growing salmon and possibly pigs designed to produce omega-3’s.
They are very aware of the health problems that changing nature causes, but they continue to pursue more GMO’s foods and products.
Why do they continue putting our future and health at risk you ask?
It all has to do about with the all mighty dollar!
What are some of the lies and truths that are being covered up?
- The people who are telling us that these GMO foods are safe and the researchers themselves — they are the ones that are selling the products and making millions!
- Monsanto that is the leader in GMO foods are the same people who told us Agent Orange was safe back in the 1950 – during the Vietnam War this killed and caused severe irreversible injury and damage to many of our own soldiers.
- Monsanto doesn’t require any studies to be performed on these foods that are Genetically Modified on humans
- Genetically modified foods have been linked to toxic and allergic reactions, sick, sterile, and dead livestock, and damage to virtually every organ studied in lab animals from independent studies.
- The FDA studies that have been performed are confusing and unreliable
- Any researcher’s that tried to do research on GMO that showed negative results or harmful adverse health to GMO are intimated, fired, and even threaten with lawsuits.
- Monsanto and other GMO and agrichemicals companies do their best to prevent the public’s Right to Know about these potentially dangerous products in the food supply. In fact, Monsanto has just dumped another $2.9 million, for a total of $7.1 million to make sure their products are marketed and sold.
What health problems can they cause or linked to:
After two decades, physicians and scientists have uncovered a troubling, grave trend. The same serious health problems found in lab animals, livestock, and pets that have been fed GM foods are now on the rise in the US population. And when people and animals stop eating genetically modified organisms (GMOs), their health improves.
Foods that are genetically altered can involve risks of unknown toxins and allergens never before seen in humans.
- leaky gut, food allergies, and environment sensitivities
- auto immune disease
- liver and kidney disorders
A very important fact is that young children, fast-developing bodies are influenced more by the dangers of GMO than adults because:
- Children immune system are not fully developed
- Children are more susceptible to allergies (3 to 4 are times more prone to allergies than adults)
- Children are more susceptible to problems with milk
- Children are more susceptible to nutritional problems
- Children are in danger from antibiotic resistant diseases
What environmental Dangers are there?
- the effects are not only on the conventional farmer but the organic farmer through cross contamination of pollen
- Studies have shown that pesticide-producing crops contaminate nearby streams, possibly affecting aquatic life
- The bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) levels of Bt produced in the plant represent thousands of times more concentration of Bt than natural Bt spray, the effects are greatly amplified and are far stronger than any found in nature
- They are producing “Super Weeds” that are resistance, evolve into stronger weeds, which in turn more chemicals are needed to control them — much like what happened with the over use of Antibiotics and our bodies produced Super Viruses
- A risk of interactions or reactions. This can be an interaction between two different foods with modified genes or between the genes in the food and certain medications
- Insect Resistant– when foods that are genetically altered to minimize the need for pesticides can actually increase the need through time for more pesticides causing more toxic chemicals and pollutants to the environment
The top 10 GMO Foods:
- Corn – has been modified to create its own insecticide
- Soy – has also been genetically modified to resist herbicide
- Cotton – has been designed to resist pesticides
- Rice – has now been genetically modified to contain a high amount of vitamin A
- Papaya – modified to make it virus-resistant to the ringspot virus in India
- Rapeseed – was renamed canola (canola oil) to differentiate it from non-edible rapeseed
- Dairy products – genetically modified with bovine growth hormone (rbGH). Is meant to increase milk production
- Potatoes – potatoes engineered with Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki Cry
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes have now been genetically engineered to preserve them, to allow for a longer shelf life
- Peas – genetically modified by using a gene from kidney beans that is inserted into the peas creating a protein that functions as a pesticide.
You can learn all the details and watch a very informative, enlightening video that has many testimonies about the truths and lies of GMO’s @ geneticroulettemovie.com
My friends we have a choice! We need to fight for our rights and let the government, FDA, USDA, Monsanto, and all the scientist that work for Monsanto that we don’t want our food genetically modified.
If it is modified we need to demand that it be labeled. It’s our freedoms that are in jeopardy, our health, our plants, our lives, and the legacy we leave our children. I have had enough of big corporations pushing their ideas down our throats and choking us. Our fore fathers fought and died for these freedoms! Let’s not let them down!!
When November comes vote for Just Label It – justlabelit.org/ If California can pass it we have a big chance of making throughout our nation. In fact at least 18 states have legislation in process for labeling GMO’s. In the meantime eat organic or local harvest, stay away from the top 10 list, and please don’t use Roundup!
Sign every petition, write your senator’s, congressman, heck write to every and anyone including the President! Together we can to stop the maddest if we stand together!
Please Share My Information!