What are pesticides?
Pesticides are substances or mixture of substances intended for preventing, destroying, repelling or mitigating any pest. A pesticide may be a chemical, biological agent, antimicrobial, disinfectant or device used against any pest.
Pesticides are used on pests in your house, in agricultural, on animals and plants, in your furniture, everywhere and anywhere in the environment. Pesticides are in many products you use, eat and in affect almost every aspect of your life. They are in your food, your house, where you work and shop, you are breathing and eating them everyday.
Pesticides are manufactured for a wide variety of purposes and they come with a wide variety of side effects on the endocrine, nervous, and immune system of human beings. Children seem to be more likely to suffer negative effects from pesticide exposure because of their lower body weight, less developed immune and detoxification systems, and the fact that they are still growing.
Israeli researchers have linked symptoms such as headaches, tremor, lack of energy, depression, anxiety, poor memory, dermatitis, convulsions, nausea, indigestion, and diarrhea with dietary intake of pesticides.
Belgian research has found that women diagnosed with breast cancer are 6 to 9 times more likely to have the pesticides DDT or hexachorobenzene in their bloodstreams compared to women who did not have breast cancer.
Hawaiian researchers following 8,000 people for 34 years have found that increased consumption of conventional fruit and juice (that have the pesticide residues) raises the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
Pesticide exposures is definitely a major contributor to Environmental Illness or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities because it linked to the breakdown of the immune and digestive system.
A quote from The British Medical Association:
“Until we have more complete understanding of pesticide toxicity. the benefit of the doubt should be awarded to protecting the environment. the worker, and the consumer—this precautionary approach is necessary because the data on risk to human health from exposure to pesticides are incomplete”
I truly hope that the information I provided has helped you to understand why it is so important to avoid as much pesticide exposure as possible. You can do that by eating organic foods, using a safe and natural product in your home for insect control, using organic and safe and natural personal care products, staying educated, and voicing your opinion. We need to stop the pollution and contamination of our planet so write to your senators and your local authorities. Tell them you don’t want you or your families exposed to pesticides that contain dangerous toxic chemicals.
“Go Green” “Organic” to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Use AlwaysEco Safe Natural Pest Control!
Quote of the Day: We are very fond of blaming the poor for destroying the environment. But often it is the powerful, including governments, that are responsible! ~ Wangari Maathai