After we’ve nearly ruined our planet and our health, turning back to nature is one of the major tendencies in the 21st century. With so many side effects of synthetic medications, with raising awareness of their harmful influence, people tend to avoid them as much as possible. What’s more, many people can’t afford them, as human health has become a commodity, just like any other, easily traded in the pharmaceutical industry.
So sometimes, willy-nilly, people have to turn to nature for help. And nature is always full of resources, ready and eager to comply. Here is a brief list of some of the most efficient and beneficial natural remedies which can help you with different conditions, and are easily available.
Raw garlic is well known as an anti-inflammatory remedy, curing any inflammation that might occur in your organism. In the first place, it is excellent for prevention of any potential diseases as it boosts your immune system.
Besides that, it is also efficient in treating
- Regulating blood pressure,
- Treating different cardiovascular conditions.
- What’s more, it is excellent for fighting different types of infections, both viral and fungal.
- Relieving allergy symptoms.
If you really can’t stand the smell of raw garlic, at least try with capsules, which have almost the same beneficial effect, but don’t exude the not so pleasant aroma. However, if you and people around you can stand it, it’s always better to take it in raw, natural form.
You may have used as a condiment, without thinking much about its medicinal value or its
- Just like garlic, it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
- It is a great immune system booster.
- It helps in diabetes treatment.
- And in fighting bacterial and fungal infections.
- However, it is mostly mentioned as a powerful anticancer agent, thanks to its ingredients gingerols, paradols, and shogaol.
- It is also a great antioxidant and it helps in slowing down the ageing process.
It can be taken raw, though the taste can be too intensive; consuming it in liquid form is quite popular, convenient and especially efficient in cases of water retention. It can also be found in powder form, in dietary supplements or can be applied externally as oil.
I am sure you have heard of countless medicinal benefits of cannabis which has been used in various traditional medicines, including the Chinese. Even though it has been denigrated and illegal for such a long time, marijuana is now available for medicinal use in 29 states in medicinal marijuana dispensaries. The most notable medicinal effect of cannabis is a strong pain relieving effect.
In fact, marijuana is recommended as the first option in treating patients with nerve pain. It is a natural pain-killer and helps with reducing all types of pain, from simpler issues such as a headache or back pain to pains caused by cancer. It has been proven as efficient in the treatment of glaucoma as it reduces the eye pressure. Muscle spasms, especially those that occur due to multiple sclerosis are another thing successfully treated by medicinal marijuana. Its beneficial effects are also noted in treating eating disorders such as anorexia.
This is one of the oldest natural remedies that has been a proven healing took that was used dating almost 4000 years ago. It has recently become popular in modern medicine for its numerous proven health benefits.
Turmeric is known to have:
- Antioxidant properties.
- It has also been proven as an efficient remedy for preventing blood clotting, relieving pain caused by arthritis, regulating cholesterol and treating different gastrointestinal issues.
- Like the previous two plants, it is also useful in diabetes treatment.
- What’s more, it’s also helpful in fighting depression.
It can be consumed as a spice in any meal, or it can be taken as a supplement.
Ginkgo Biloba, popularly known as maidenhair is most famous for its beneficial effect on improving cognitive function.
Its positive effects include:
- Memory and concentration improvement.
- Reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- It has also been proven as useful for maintaining good eyesight and fighting fibromyalgia.
- Besides all this, it is also good for fighting depression and anxiety.
The extract of this plant has been used in ancient Traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, so its beneficial effects are well proven and documented.
It exists in the form of dry leaves, liquid extracts, tablets, and capsules.
Even though these natural remedies are effective and useful, there are some medications which you should not refuse to take, as modern medicine has its benefits.