Prepping For Your Spring Organic Garden
It’s Springtime and time to start prepping for your own harvest of organically grown produce that is tasty, healthy, and economical. Whether you are just a beginner gardener or have done it for many years it is a very rewarding experience to grow you own food. There are so many ways to have a healthy organic garden.
What are some of the rewards of your own garden:
- You have the piece of mind knowing that what you are serving at your dinner table is not filled with chemicals. You have total control of how to eliminate pests from your garden. No need for chemicals – Try DIY Pest Control !
- You control what fertilizers you use in your soil and plants – use natural compost! Try natural weed control!
- Grow what suits your fancy or what your family likes.
- Freshness — what could be fresher than from your own garden?
- You will also can make a substantial impact on the environment and controlling pollution. Having an organic garden helps to control water quality, stop soil erosion, and helps save energy. This will promote biodiversity.
- Gardening is so healthy for our body, mind, and soul!
- You can recycle old trash to help start plants and reduce waste— such as egg cartons, eggs shells, toilet paper rolls, old milk cartons, and so much more!
- Keep you kids busy and happy. Make it a family project or community project and help beautify your community!
Quote of the week: “We have not inherited the Earth from our fathers, we are borrowing it from our children” – Lester Brow
Take control over your health and your family’s health by starting your own family garden and make sure your kids have their own little projects that they are responsible for. You will be surprised how much pride it can give a child to grow and nurture a small garden of their own. This infographic can help you get started and help ensure ways to have a healthy organic garden that has a productive crops through the season.
Source: Fix.com Blog
Shared on OUR SIMPLE HOMESTEAD BLOG HOP!
Shared on SIMPLY NATURAL SATURDAYS!