The common cold is one of the most common illnesses and leading causes of missed time at work or school. Did you realize that it is estimated that between 5 and 20 percent of Americans will experience flu-like symptoms this coming year. Not to worry, there are many natural ways you can boost your immune system and build up your resistance so you don’t become a victim to the cold or flu.
Some Important Steps to Build Up Your Immunity:
- Reduce your sugar intake. Did you realize that drinking as little as two, 12-ounce cans of soda can reduce your white blood cells’ ability to destroy harmful bacteria in your body! So skip the soda!
- Drink plenty of liquids. Make sure you are getting at least 8 glasses of pure filtered water. Try some herbal tea, and truly natural fruit juices. Buy organic or squeeze your own fresh juices. For your sweet tooth use raw honey, organic maple syrup or stevia.
- Eat Healthy. Eat your veggies, add herbs and spices to your food, and add superfoods to your diet! Herbs such as garlic have many health benefits and amazing immune boosting powers. (Check out all the health benefits of garlic). Many vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, kale, and chard help to boost your liver’s ability to flush out harmful toxins and increase your ability to fight off infections! Avocado are loaded with antioxidants and amino acids that help to fight off the bad guys (viruses and germs), balance your hormones and adrenals glands. This all helps your immune system stay in balance and strong. Avocado’s are so tasty in salads and a great addition to make a healthy smoothie for a breakfast or anytime of the day.
- Exercise. It plays and important role in living a healthy lifestyle and fighting off disease and illness. Stimulate your muscles and lymphatic system with at least 30 minutes a day or exercise.
- Get plenty of good quality of sleep! A good night sleep can do wonders for your ability to think and function properly and to boost your immune power. A tired body lowers your immunity substantially and opens a door to illness such as the common cold or flu. Make sure you get 7-9 hours of good quality ZZZ’s every night!
- Live Healthy. Avoid stress as much as possible. Stress depletes the immune system. Try added some quiet time or meditate for at less 10 minutes a day to reduce stress. Make sure you are getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals that your body needs to thrive, fight stress and to keep the immune system strong.
Fix it has even more immunity-boosting tips within this infographic! So read up, follow it and stay healthy this winter!
Shared on WEDNESDAYS ROUNDUP!
Shared on SIMPLY NATURAL SATURDAYS!