The Story on How the Paleo Diet can Help Heal IBS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS is a common gut disorder that can cause much havoc and distress in your body. Symptoms tend to come and go and vary with each person. Living a green lifestyle and naturally can help you find relief and keep you on the road to health.
Most common symptoms include bloating, gas, and abdominal pain, diarrhea and/or constipation. Physicians call IBS a functional disorder while scientists have yet to discover an exact origin for its cause, making it difficult to diagnose and to treat.
Living a healthy lifestyle can help heal and relieve symptoms of IBS that includes:
- Exercising regularly
- Choosing healthy, natural real foods, organic foods,
- Eat regular meals and avoid missing meals
- Take time to eat and chew your food thoroughly
- Drink plenty of filtered water
- Stay away from processed and refined foods
All these healthy choices can help ease the distress of IBS and help keep the body healthy and strong, but sometimes IBS seems to be like a monster lurking in the dark shadows causing pain and misery. Many sufferers have found that the Paleo diet helps alleviate a number of IBS symptoms because it aims to maximize both nutrient density and absorption. This diet eliminates all processed and refined foods. The Paleo diet can benefit IBS sufferers, as it removes most of the food groups that trigger the disorder. It also helps reduce overall inflammation in the body by optimizing fatty acid balance. It helps you heal naturally and in harmony with Nature.
Even though it is hard to find a single cause for IBS, there are a few things sufferers have in common:
- Higher than normal levels of gastro intestinal inflammation
- Food intolerances to both gluten and diary
- Imbalance of gut flora (the healthy bacteria in our stomachs): IBS patients have more bad bacteria than good.
The Paleo diet eliminates all grains which contain gluten and/or lectins, both of which can be harmful to our stomachs and cause digestive distress.