It’s undeniable – there’s just something about summer and the warmer weather that inspires change in our lives and daily beauty regimes. After all, you’re likely to have a little more skin on show during the hotter months and will be thinking about topping up your tan on holiday. While this positive outlook is absolutely fantastic and infectious, do you really know where to start?
First thing’s first, to start looking healthier you must first change a few of your daily habits. For starters, have you ever thought about how your diet affects your appearance?
Fatty foods, caffeine, and sugar can all take their toll, so be sure to include:
- Vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables in your diet
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate your skin and body
- Cut down on coffee, fizzy drinks, and sweet treats
- It also pays to get more sleep; you’ll find your mind and body are better rested after a refreshing night’s sleep, and your skin will start to thank you too – goodbye dark shadows!
- Feeling the urge to enjoy the sunshine? Be sure to head outdoors and make the most of the sun’s rays (with plenty of sunscreen, of course), as exercise will further complement your new diet and beauty routine; there’s no point in doing these things by halves, after all.
While increasing the amount of water you drink, improving your diet, and getting more sleep and exercise can do wonders for your body and skin, there are a few more tricks that you can hide up your sleeves.
Are you ready? While the use of essential oils for sore muscles has long been documented, did you know that these organic lotions and potions could also do wonders for your hair, nails, and skin?
Health benefits of and the powers of essential oils:
- To banish unsightly blemishes
- Awaken and hydrate tired skin
- Rejuvenate your appearance
- Help to cleanse your pores
Some oils have even been known to possess antibacterial qualities and regenerate skin cells – you’ll be summer ready in no time. Of course, the benefits of essential oils aren’t merely limited to your skin and mood.
Lavender, rosemary, geranium, and peppermint oils can all be used to:
- Cleanse hair
- Promote healthy growth, and improve its shine
While there are a number of concoctions that can be used to improve the condition of your nails; used correctly, essential oils will soon become a valuable part of your daily routine.
It’s all in the details
If you’re happy with the appearance and health of your hair, skin, and nails, and have taken steps to improve your diet, now’s the time to start thinking about the finer details. Summer is a fantastic time to have a complete makeover, and there are some fabulous ideas out there, even now as the season draws to a close.
For example, summer is a great time:
- To start thinking about changing your hair – you’ll want to show off your newly glossy locks. Short styles such as pixie crops and bobs are timeless and will help you to keep cool, while longer waves will add a bohemian feel to your summer look. Similarly, adding a little color or brightening your shade is another way to turn heads; nothing says ‘new look’ like a dye job!
- Next is makeup, and contouring is all the rage at present. With a plethora of online tutorials available, you’re bound to find a style that suits you, while now is also a great time to update the products in your beauty case. Pale pastels and neutral shades will help you to make the most of your healthier looking skin, although it always pays to keep a few bold lipsticks in your collection!
- Finally, think about fashion – are you wearing the right clothes to suit your body type and style? Invest in a capsule wardrobe, including light maxi dresses, longer skirts, and other loose fabrics, and be prepared to float your way through the remainder of summer.
It’s official; now is the time to incorporate a few essential (oils) extras into your beauty regime. With glossier hair, healthier skin, and a brighter attitude, these tips will follow you into the winter. Be prepared to feel healthier because of all these subtle beauty changes.