5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day All Year Long
Celebrating Earth Day is something we should all be celebrating every day of the year. Taking care of our home and ensuring that we are practicing earth friendly methods and making sure we are living green in all aspects of our lives is extremely important for the future of our planet. Practicing eco-friendly, sustainable ways in everything we do with one major purpose and that is for the health of our environment and our own health.
Ways to Celebrate Earth Day Everyday!
1. Think and live organic. Many people go organic when buying foods but many harmful chemicals can found in a broad spectrum or products such as cosmetics, skin care and beauty care products, pet foods, clothing and more. Make organic a lifestyle.
- Organic or local harvest foods that are free of chemicals, pesticides, GMO’s, synthetic hormones, artificial dyes and food additives.
- Grow your own food that you know is chemical free and no toxic pesticides. Read “3 Ways Organic Gardening Can Improve Your Health!”
- Skincare products are also a major concern – choose organic or make your own DIY products. “What You Need To Know Before You Buy That Next Skincare Product!
- Read more about toothpaste “Smile With Confident The Green And Healthy Way!”. Read more about the dangers of deodorant “5 Reasons You Should NOT Use Deodorant or Antiperspirants!”
2. Be a Smart Shopper. Don’t be taken by “greenwashing” or misleading marketing that falsely promotes products as sustainable. Let’s face we can’t believe what we see on labels. Know your stuff, be wary of products using vague terms such as “all-natural” or “friendly to the environment” without any specifics to back it up. Look for a seal indicating that the product has been certified green by a reputable third-party, and then check certifier to make sure that the product has been given the seal of approval.
3. Swap Up Green. When you restocking your plastic wrap, tin foil, or any unfriendly earth product try glass washable food storage containers or use glass jars that you have bought product in. I store most of my leftovers in recycled glass jars that I use over and over again. It healthier than plastic, no danger of toxic BPA (check out this link with valuable information on health risks of BPA), and economical too.
4. Clean Green. Whether it is cleaning your laundry or your house make sure it is green cleaning. When buying cleaning products make that they have the Environmental Protection Agency’s Design for the Environment label or try making your own DIY cleaning products that will save you money and clean green. I use baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, lemons, and some essential oils. Beware of chemically scented products!
Check out some DIY recipes that are earth friendly, healthy, and economical.
- “How Toxic Is Your Laundry Detergent? – Do It The Green Way!”
- “Removing Stains The Green Way Without Toxic Chemicals”
5. Use alternative methods for health and healing. Using natural alternative healing s not only good for the environment but so much healthier for our bodies. Not synthetic toxic chemicals that can cause dangerous side effects or even death. Using herbal and alternative healing can benefit the whole world.
In an age where cancer rates are rising incredibly fast, the need for alternative treatments is becoming even more prominent. Research is being put into a number of different avenues with one supporting Dr. Marty Pagel, PhD, from the University of Arizona Cancer Center, who will test the effects of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) on breast cancer patients. He is receiving a $ 2 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to find to perform the study. Please read the rest of this eye-opening article from the Sleuth Journal about the amazing healing powers of lemons and baking soda.
Whether we make big change or small ones they all count and show our love for our planet. I feel it is our duty to take care our planet in every way we can – it is the only home we have. Mother Earth was a gift from God that we need to nurture and take care of for our children and all future generations. What are doing to help our environment?
HAPPY EARTH DAY!