Its Easter and Spring has sprung! What a wonderful time of the year to celebrate life, joy, happiness, and new beginnings. To enjoy family time and sharing a meal with family or friends. Have you planned your Easter dinner yet? I have and Easter dinner at my house will be done the “Organic Way!”
I believe that Easter means a time of joy to celebrate the risen Savior and to the resurrection of new life that we have been given. I believe that means celebrating with the best Nature has to offer not some genetically modified foods or processed junk. Real food not factory chemically altered imitation of foods that are filled with chemicals, artificial toxic ingredients, dyes that have all proven to lead to many health problems.
Read more about some great ideas and tips on celebrating Easter a healthier and non-toxic way for the kids and whole family “Organic & Green All the Way—Have a Happy Easter Day!”
My main dish will be Hawaiian Chicken (recipe below).
- Whole organic roaster chicken 5-6 lbs
- Raw cold pressed organic coconut oil
- Fresh pineapple or 1 Can or Organic Pineapple slices
- Organic Broccoli
- Organic Baby Carrots
1. Take a whole organic chicken and take out the giblets. Rub and coat the entire chicken with organic raw cold pressed organic coconut oil. Stuff the chicken with the broccoli and carrots and few pieces of the pineapple, pour a small amount of pineapple juice from the pineapple inside the chicken to mix with the broccoli and carrots.
2. Put the chicken in a roaster (I use a ceramic roasting pan) and add as many organic carrots and broccoli as possible filling up the roaster. Now lay the slices of pineapple on top of the chicken and stuff a few pieces in with the carrots and broccoli for flavor and if you have any extra juice pour it over the chicken.
3. Bake at 350 degrees until chicken is fully cooked (about 15 minutes per pound) and no pink shows when you cut into breast.
This is always a great hit and so tasty when I serve it.
My side dish
Potatoes To Die Over
- 6-8 Unpeeled Potatoes or for a more convenient way 1 bag of plain frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 1 to 2 cups raw organic yogurt or organic Greek yogurt
- 2 cups grated cheese
1. Cook the potatoes with their jackets on until partially soft but not fully cooked. Let cool and then peel. Grate or chop in a 9 x 13 pan that you have greased with raw organic coconut oil.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients until well blended and apply on top of potatoes like an icing. Pat lightly with your hand.
3. You can drizzle with some real butter or organic ghee butter. Top with a sprinkle of the shredded cheese and organic bread crumbs or crunchy hemp seeds.
4. Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes of until bubbly. ENJOY!
This is one of my nieces favorite dishes and since she is coming to dinner I have to make it.
- My husband will be making pickled eggs and red beets later this week with organic free range eggs.
- I still decided on what type of rolls to make so if you have any suggestion I appreciate them.
- I will have an Easter bag for each guest filled with homemade Easter eggs and treats and if weather permitted we will go outside to enjoy the sunshine and have an Easter egg hunt.
- Will give my Mother some beautiful Easter lilies to show my appreciation and love for being my Mom all these years!
Dessert will be:
And a great recipe from Raia Recipes:
I love getting together with family and enjoying good food, laughter, and just some good fun! I always try to make sure I serve healthy foods that is nutritious and will help enrich their mind and body. So this Easter I hope you take the time to enjoy the day and celebrate life, good health, and remember to share, friendship, and love with everyone — even if it’s just giving a warm smile to a stranger. We are all children of God no matter what our personal believes may be and we need to learn to live on this earth in harmony with all living things.
What are you having for Easter Dinner?
Live Organically, Naturally, Live Green and Be Healthy!