It seems that we all have too much to do these days with a daily tight work schedule that just doesn’t seem to leave much time to plan healthy meals, especially breakfast. Whether it is a late night at the office, running the kids to all their activities, or just trying to juggle too many jobs at one time, almost everyone faces difficulty in giving their mornings a kick-start. Here are 6 popular drinks that will help super boost your energy every morning and help you on the road to a healthier and happier lifestyle.
1.Green tea – whether hot, iced or taken with honey, brewed green tea has plenty of health benefits. Made from the leaves of CAMELLIA SINENSIS plant, green tea has high amounts of antioxidants called polyphenols. These antioxidants help combat substances inside the body which kill cells, causing premature aging, cancer and other diseases.
9 scientifically proven reasons for drinking green tea:
- Protects skin.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Helps manage weight.
- Improves condition of bones.
- Boosts oral health.
- Helps prevent syndromes like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Fights some cancers.
- Protects against diabetes.
- Prevents heart attack.
2. Coffee – other than containing caffeine, which is an addictive substance, coffee has numerous health benefits in contrast, which many are not even aware of.
One of the most common benefits of drinking coffee is the boost of energy from the caffeine in the morning. However, drinking coffee improves your focus as well. It enhances the neurons to be more active, which improves memory and cognitive functions.
Smelling the aroma of coffee beans has shown to lower stress levels. The smell of coffee affects proteins that are associated with higher stress, to help relieve stress.
Researchers found that people who drink coffee regularly are 23-50% less likely to get TYPE-2 diabetes, compared with people who do not drink coffee.
Caffeine in coffee helps burn fat more effectively.
Coffee is shown to have improved mood and relieve stress, and is considered a natural remedy for depression.
Drinking coffee can protect your liver, especially concerning people with high intake of alcohol levels.
Drinking coffee improves physical performance. The biggest boost comes from caffeine in the coffee which increases adrenaline production.
Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of developing dementia or Alzheimer’s.
Coffee is loaded with antioxidants, and this is one of the biggest benefits of drinking it.
For more benefits and valuable information about coffee please check out 15 research backed health benefits of coffee!
Coffee is known to be bad for the teeth and drinking too much coffee regularly can decay our teeth faster but with good dental care we can help combat decay and keep our teeth and smile healthy.
3. Coconut water – coconut water is a natural healthy way to boost your mornings. Coconut water contains high amounts of potassium and other minerals which boosts energy by rehydrating the body quickly. According to a study in 2007, coconut water was proved to cause less nausea, fullness and stomach upset, and was easier to consume in large amounts during rehydration. So if you can tolerate the taste, coconut water is an ideal energy boosting remedy for your mornings.
4. Smoothies – a healthy smoothie, for breakfast, gives you a quick boost you require in the morning before you set off to work. Smoothies are generally healthy in the sense that they are prepared mostly with various fruits along with dairy/non-dairy milk, and fruits contain vital vitamins and minerals in high quantities. Smoothies are also delicious and contain natural sugar which is also good for boosting your body. Check out these 20 healthy smoothie recipes!
5. Kombucha – Kombucha refers to any kind of variety of fermented, lightly effervescent, sweetened black or green teas, that are commonly intended to be taken for their functional benefits. It is referred to as the “immortal elixir” by the Chinese, with its origin stretching back 2000 years ago. Kombucha is favored as an energy boosting morning drink for the following reasons:-
- Weight loss.
- Increased energy.
- Cleansing and detoxification.
- Increased immunity.
- Reduced joint pain.
- Prevents certain cancers.
6. Acai berry – besides the amazing nutritional properties that the acai berry poses, the juice is a great way to boss your energy levels during every morning. Acai berries contain a plenty of vitamin-B, potassium, proteins, and fatty acids. The acai berry boosts body metabolism rate, which gives more energy, and can also help you lose weight.
I hope this suggestions have helped you find a healthy energy boost every morning.
What do you eat to get your day off to a healthy start? Leave your suggestions in the comments!