Ayurveda Remedies To Treat Shortness Of Breath
How would you feel if your tirelessly working lungs give-up someday just like that? There is too much happening in the world outside deforestation, pollution, factory chemicals being infused in the air, ruthless burning down of forests and almost everything is being done that adds to the agony of the collapsing world. We are not only deteriorating the beauty of the world but also destroying its health. For doing so even human health is not spared by the Mother Nature.
The toxic pollutants present in the air our polluting our life, as we still continue to live the quality of our life is decreasing every day. People are more and more with every passing day facing problem in breathing. The medical term denoted to it is Dyspnea which in a layman’s language means feeling of breathlessness. It causes discomfort while breathing as air is not possibly reaching the lungs in right amount.
Dyspnea could be either chronic or severe. Some people experience it for long periods while for others it could happen for a really short period of time. Not being able to breathe or having shortness of breath can be very uncomfortable.
Some root causes behind the breathing problems could be:
- Seasonal Changes
- Polluted Air
- Poor Posture
- Improper Diet
Some common manifestations could be:
- Water Retention
- Problem in the respiratory tract
- Swelling in the lung passages
- Excessive accumulation of phlegm and mucus
Ayurveda basic, simple remedies and practices that can help fight the problem.
- Totally eliminate dairy from your life.
- After and before having meals drink a glass of lukewarm water with a tablespoon of lemon and honey mixed in it.
- Avoid fried and foods with excessive fat.
- Do yoga daily for at least half an hour.
- Avoid cheese and meat as much as you can.
- Include warm spices like cardamom, cloves, ginger, black pepper in your diet.
- Have light food, oily food is a big no.
- Practice meditation for minimum 25 minutes daily.
- Inhale steam daily before going to bed as it will help clear the mucus accumulated in the lungs which might be one of the major reasons behind breathlessness.
- Include seeds and nuts into your diet as they have rich magnesium content in them which helps make lungs healthier.
- Capsicum has a spicy compound in it which improves the blood flow and fights all infections in the body.
- Veggies that have a pungent smell contribute a great extent in combating infections that affects the lungs and helps reduce cholesterol. Therefore, eating foods like garlic and onion can improve your overall health.
- “Water” it cost nothing! But, it means a great deal to our body and lungs. It miraculously cures so many issues that in our body that can hamper our health. Drink water daily to keep your body and lungs hydrated and healthy.
- Flush out the harmful toxic pollutants from your body with the help of ginger which is a food that naturally protects your body from inflammation.
- Aerobic activities works best for most people to improve the breathing capacity of your lungs. For maintaining the overall mental and physical health balance indulge in activities like walking, trekking, swimming, jogging etc.
- Deep breathing exercises must be done daily to improve your breathing capacity.
- Foods that have rich in citrus help lungs perform better by making them transfer oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Pumpkin is a very good source of Vitamin C and it helps cure various lung diseases.
- Eat carrots more often in your salad.
- Have your heard about the turmeric golden milk? It is prepared by mixing turmeric powder into milk. Drink this golden drink every night before going to sleep. As turmeric has some wonderful properties that heals every kind of internal infection and even any kind of wound on the outside.
Make sure that the milk is lukewarm.
Getting Ayurvedic treatment for shortness of breathing is the best way out. If you even have the slightest doubt that you too are beginning to feel breathless at times then, do not let it go unnoticed as after a while it might worsen and could be fatal too. Do take advice from a certified Ayurveda doctor before moving to any conclusion.