I wanted to share with you a tasty, healthy, organic, sugar-free recipe that is easy to make and absolutely delicious. If you know anything about me you know that I believe passionately in living green and healthy in all aspects of life. Eating healthy is certainly at the top of my list.
I wanted to make a healthy dessert recipe for guests that were visiting and I knew they liked brownies. I found a healthy brownie recipe that one ingredient was Greek yogurt, but I used my own homemade raw yogurt instead. The rest of the recipe I made following the directions carefully. I put it in the oven but it didn’t seem to be getting done. I kept checking it but to my dismay I ended up with burnt brownies that were still not baked fully inside. I finally came to the conclusion after talking to several people who probably using the raw yogurt caused the problem since the consistently of it is much different from Greek yogurt. I threw out the burnt but still raw and flat in the middle brownies.
I put my thinking cap on and I have another great recipe that I blogged about previously — sugar free fruit oats bars that has always been a big hit whenever I make them. I decided to make a few changes and come with a chocolate version of them. Guess What? It worked out great and everyone loved them. Healthy, organic ingredients with no GMO’s or artificial additives.
We all had a great meal together and I sent the leftover Chocolate Fruit Bars Home with them.
Here is my recipe. It is easy to make and well worth the time. I hope you enjoy it! This recipe is sugar-free and dairy-free!
CHOCOLATE SUGAR-FREE FRUIT OATS BARS
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 1/3 cup organic Applesauce
- 2 cups organic Oats
- 1/2 cup soaked Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Real Vanilla
- 1 tsp organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shredded organic Coconut
- 1 cup fair trade organic Cacao chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 tbsp raw cold pressed organic Coconut oil
- Organic liquid Stevia to taste
1. Soak the raisins in boiling water for at least 15 minutes (it will make them plump and juicy – this is optional)
2. Put the bananas in a small food processor or blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Mix the mashed bananas, apple sauce. with the oats, cinnamon and vanilla.
4. Melt the Cacao chips with the Coconut oil and a small amount or water in a double boiler until creamy and smooth.
5. Add the shredded coconut and stir in the cacao chocolate until well blended. Add the stevia – I used approximately 10-15 drops.
6. Put in a 8 x 8 pan and bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges and until the middle is fully baked.
7. Take out of the oven, let cool and then cut into bars. ENJOY!
I believe that living a healthy, green, organic lifestyle and teaching our children to take care of their bodies is so vitally important to a healthy future for all of us. With all the disease that surrounds we know that change is needed. Eating healthy, organically or local harvest foods, non-processed, without additives, or chemical laden artificial ingredients is the only way to ensure a healthy way of life. So whether it is dessert or anything make sure we eat healthy, pure and wholesome foods. Have a healthy and wonderful day!
PLEASE SHARE MY INFORMATION AND SIGN UP VIA EMAIL FOR UPDATES!