How to Prepare Your Home for Hosting a Wedding
Beautiful in-home weddings are an excellent way to celebrate one of the most important days of a couple’s lives together. The personal touches of the home add unique emotional flavor and ambiance like no other venue can.
All of the home’s finest details should shine like a new dime to bring out the most eloquent and elegant wedding day experiences to remember. Accomplishing the following in-home wedding recommendations will help provide the best results for a beautiful wedding. Remember to keep in mind the health of the environment and the health of your family and guests as you prepare for the big event.
By creating a list to assist in the preparation of an in-home wedding, minor details are less likely to be forgotten. A list should look something like this:
1. Floor care.
3. Outdoor permits and ordinances.
Floor care might not be the first thing that comes to mind for a wedding detail. But the importance of a clean floor when hosting a wedding at your house is a significant detail.
1. Repair any wood, tile or carpet problems. Splinters, uneven tiles, and damaged carpeting can all present safety hazards.
2. Check carefully for imperfections that may cause guests to trip or slip.
3. If necessary, remove rugs that may cause safety concerns.
4. Professionally clean all carpets and rugs.
5. Smooth out any rough areas to prevent wedding gown fabrics from snags or tears.
While there’s certainly no shortage of beautiful wedding gown design options for sale at https://adressyoccasion.com/ and other fine dress stores, you won’t find one made with kevlar. Don’t risk it!
1. Rearrange or remove excess furniture, knick-knacks and other items that take up needed space for wedding décor and service features.
2. Safely store valuable items or items of concern if children will be attending.
Outdoor Permits, Ordinances, and Neighbors
1. If tents, bands or other special features will be used in an outdoor home setting there may be legal steps that must be taken prior to use. Contact local town, city or county’s official website, town hall or law enforcement department.
2. Invite or communicate with nearby neighbors regarding:
a. The date and size of the wedding.
b. Traffic and parking concerns.
c. Wedding duration.
1. The ambiance is a critical part of a gorgeous in-home wedding. Romantic hues are best created using warm wattage bulbs, table lamps and up-lights behind plants.
2. Avoid bright, glaring overhead lighting and blue-ish hues which make the home appear cold and harsh.
3. Candles are always wedding-winners. Cluster alternate sized candle heights together in corners, nooks and larger tables. Dot candle votives in restrooms, windowsills, and bookshelves. Candles also save energy and help keep your utility bill lower.
4. Outdoor lighting for weddings has many options to choose from. Backyard pools, patios, gazebos, and sitting areas love ambient lighting in all colors. Show off beautiful landscaping with solar lights, electronic lighting displays, candles, Tiki torches and other lighting sources that make spaces feel warm and personalized.
1. Landscaping design doesn’t have to be over-the-top. For existing landscaping or plant decorations clean out beds and remove overgrowth. Use eco-friendly landscaping methods. Mow lawns to a comfortable height for guests to walk on.
2. Prune dead limbs, leaves, and foliage for a cleaner, healthier appearance. Pruning tree limbs also offers the feel of a more open, airy space. This process may also assist in improved airflow and temperature control during warmer periods.
3. Mosquitoes and other pesky insects are uninvited guests. Apply safe and earth friendly pest control measures at least two weeks prior to the wedding date. Repeat the process one day prior to the wedding date. If inclement weather is possible during this planning period, try to reapply as close to the wedding date as possible.