Your backyard is your personal space where you can relax and enjoy Nature. Why not create a welcome environment that is environmental friendly for all creatures humans, birds, butterflies, bees, and our planet. Do your part to make this world safer by creating a healthier and more diverse ecosystems right in our own garden and backyards. Practice greenscaping.
Sadly according to the National Audubon Society, the 20 birds on the Common Birds in Decline list have lost at least half of their populations in just four decades due to residential and industrial development. According to the monarchwatch.org the loss of monarchs have been contributed to the decline of milkweed due to roadside management practices, intensive agriculture and the extensive use of herbicides. These natural visitors help control pests, and seed and pollinate our gardens.
Why is it so important to us to have a healthy balanced eco-system?
- We need to support our climate and breakdown toxins.
- We need to keep up our planet and recycle nutrients that will enrich our soil and provide food for all creatures.
- We need to purify and filter our air and water.
- We need make sure we have plenty of natural resources such as wood and textiles to maintain life.
Some Important Steps To Follow:
1. Make sure you plant native bushes, trees and plants that will attract wildlife and balance our ecosystem. Look for ones that produce berries, fruits and flowers and for plants and shrubs that blossom different times throughout the year to so that the wildlife will have containing food supply. Check with your local cooperative extension office or environmental authorities to see what grows well and is native to your area.
2. Control pesky insects organically and naturally by inviting beneficial insects that are their natural enemies into your garden.
3. Enrich your soil by doing your own composting. Don’t destroy our planet with toxin chemicals that are in commercial fertilizer and are harmful to birds, wildlife and humans.
If you are a gardeners or are considering gardening please make sure you do it the organic, environmentally friendly, and healthy way and you will likely discover that nourishing the health of a backyard ecosystem improves the lives of the people who share it. For bird friendly plants of the year please check out Edge field plant stone website.
Check out the infographic below for more helpful information on how you can make your backyard ecofriendly and provide a habitat that will invite wildlife, preserve our natural resources, environment and ensure a healthy planet for our children and all future generations.