9 Health Benefits of Drinking Water on an Empty Stomach
Hydration is a very important thing that you need to be careful around if you are interested in keeping your body healthy and happy. Why is that, you ask? Our body consists of 60% water which means that water is a very important compound of our bodies. The water is needed to maintain a certain homeostasis in our bodies, and if we do not fulfill the requirements for water for the day, we are risking to face many serious medical conditions. We all know that we need to drink at least 2 liters water a day, but how about you start your day with drinking a full glass of water? Maybe you have already heard before of this interesting habit that more and more people have included in their lives, but do you know why it is so important to start your day with a glass of water instead of a cup of coffee and maybe even a cigarette? Join us to find out more about this topic, but first – why is water so important?
Why does water have such an important role in our health?
Thinking of the fact that our body consists of 60% water, it means that every cell in our body contains and needs water to function properly. Everybody function that you can think of right now is related to the level of water that is contained in the body at the moment. The amount of water that you need on a daily basis depends on a variety of factors such as physical activity, climate, any health problems that you might be facing, etc. But, normally as you may know the recommended amount of water is 2 liters a day for your whole body to stay hydrated. We are constantly searching for the new tricks that will help us get rid of the fine lines and wrinkles or speed up our metabolism and get rid of the toxins, but the fact is that all of these and many other medical problems can be solved with drinking just one glass of water in the morning to start your day!
The 9 health benefits of drinking water on an empty stomach:
1. Water eliminates the gathered up toxins from your body – There are many unwanted toxins that need to be removed and the best thing is the remove them at the start of a new day. And you can achieve all of this with the help of a fresh glass of water!
2. Water eliminates the waste from the body – While we are sleeping our body is working through the night to repair all the damages that happen through the day. As a result of this process, there is a lot of waste that is left over. The glass of water in the morning is supposed to get rid of this waste the same as it gets rid of the toxins in order to prepare the body for the new day!
3. Water helps burn calories and fats more quickly – This is probably the reason behind the common use of water at the start of the new day. Drinking 2 or 3 glasses of water in the morning helps decrease the feeling of hunger through the day.
4. Water speeds up your metabolism – Drinking a glass of fresh water in the morning helps speed up the metabolic rate by 25%. A faster metabolism means faster digestion of the food that you are eating through the day! This plus the fact that fact that drinking water on an empty stomach decreases your hunger will help you decrease your body weight more quickly!
5. Each drop of water brings you closer to a smooth and glowing skin – If you are wondering how to get rid of acne then this is the best natural solution that we have to offer! In order to get smooth and glowing skin, your skin needs to be hydrated at all times. And what is a better way to hydrate your skin other than with drinking fresh water in the morning? Also, the fact that drinking water in the morning removes the toxins from the body is also helpful when it comes to getting healthy-looking skin!
6. Water helps you to wake up and feel energized – Because water helps boost up your energy levels it is easily understood that it will help you wake up more easily in the morning and feel energized through the day without the need of coffee.
7. Water fights common headaches, such as migraines – Although the exact cause of headaches is unknown, dehydration is one of the common factors that is believed to cause headaches, especially migraines. This is why you should take on this new habit to drink a glass of water in the morning to keep hydrated and with that to prevent any headaches.
8. Water helps in regular bowel movement – When you drink water on an empty stomach in the morning you practically clean the whole digestive system, but especially your bowels. This process creates the need to flash your bowel, meaning that it creates the need to relief your bowels.
9. Drinking water decreases the risk of muscle and joint pain through the day – We already mention that all of the tissues consist some amount of water that is essential for their function. Because of the water in the muscle tissues, they are more elastic, and they protect the joints more easily. Also, thanks to the water, the joints are lubricated, so the risk of common injuries is decreased by increasing the level of water in the body.
Because water has such an important role in the body, it is only natural to start our day with a glass of fresh water in the morning! This habit is the one that will keep you away from many medical conditions and diseases as it will protect all of your tissues and organs. Great skin complexion, boosted energy levels, regular bowel movement and a decreased risk of muscle and joint pain is just a few of the great 9 health benefits that come with this awesome habit of drinking a full glass of water each morning! Do not hesitate to make the change and enjoy these health benefits in no time!
Author Bio: Ella James is an independent researcher and writer. She has contributed to many online websites related to general health and fitness. Her interests include reading and writing about day-to-day health, fitness, and skin care problems. Connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.